Chapter 38

1227 words

_____

After Y/N was knocked out, she woke up in the black void again. Y/N got up, crossing her arms. Did Moon really just do that? She spotted Glitchtrap not too far away, so she hurried up to him. She tapped his shoulder, and he turned around and smiled.

-"You're asleep early, aren't you?"

-"Wasn't my choice."

-"Ah yes, I saw Moon used those candies that put kids to sleep."

-"Why can't you just make me heal faster, that way I won't have to sit in my own sickness."

-"No can do, dear. It's weird, I can only heal physical wounds, such as your broken ribs, outside injuries. Sickness is more of an inside thing, it's in your system, I can't speed that up."

Y/N audibly groaned, and Glitchtraps ears flattened.

-"I apologize, but I can tell you an estimate for how long it should be before you're better!"

-"And how long would that be?"

-"Let's see here.. You've been sick for about three days, and it usually lasts seven, so.... Four to five more days."

That didn't make the situation much better.

-"Is there any way I can speed this up?"

-"Well... If I keep you asleep, like I did when you got that scratch that left a scar.. We can speed it up to about three days, as long as you're asleep the entire time."

-"It's not a lot, but it's better than nothing.. So, what now, since I'm gonna be stuck here for three more days."

-"I worry about you, Y/N. I feel you should take these days to try and work on your mental state. We could talk—"

-"I don't want to talk about it.. Not even with Foxy or Sal.. And no offense, but I'm not very close with you yet.."

-"I completely understand, Y/N. Would you like to enter a dreamless state for the three days?"

-"Yeah.. It goes by faster.."

-"Very well, I hope that some day we will become close enough for you to talk with me, I do live in your head after all."

They both smiled at each other, and Glitchtrap snapped his fingers, and everything went black.

Moon had waited for Y/N to wake up the following morning, but she never did. It was already getting dark out, and Y/N was still fast asleep. Tomorrow the Plex would open back up, so he had to leave tonight. He decided to stay and wait for the opening between the night shift switching to the day shift, instead of vice versa, so that he could stay with Y/N longer. He paced at the edge of Y/Ns room, why hadn't she waken up yet? The  moondrop was only supposed to knock her out for 12 hours, less if she was disturbed in sleep, like it did last time. He walked over to Y/N, looking down at her. He knelt down, worriedly watching her sleep. He whispered softly to her, hoping she could hear him, wherever she was in her head.

-"Y/N, please, wake up.."

He kissed her head, then went around to lay next to her. He pulled her close to him, closing his eyes. He had quite a few hours before he had to leave, maybe she would wake up before then.

It was time for Moon to leave, although he didn't want to, but he would be found out if he didn't appear in the morning. He left out the door, locking it behind him. He hoped she would come back to work today, and they could move on from these past few days. Moon sighed, turning away from Y/Ns house and quickly making his way to the pizzaplex, sneaking into the daycare unnoticed.

The day felt longer than usual for Sun. He wished it would go by much faster, since Y/N had not shown up. His worries deepened when she hadn't shown up, and it was already nap time. Sun locked the door after the kids filed in, sitting against the wall, deflating. His rays dropped, giving him the appearance of a wilting flower. There was a knock at the daycare doors, and he perked up. Sun quickly stood up and ran over to the door, he pulled it open, but instead of Y/N, he saw Foxy and Chica. Sun immediately slammed the door back shut. What were they doing here? The knock came again, and Chicas muffled voice sounded through the door.

-"Come on, Sunny! We just wanna talk!"

Sun froze. Nobody had called him by that nickname in years. It sent a chill down his core. The lights flashed off, and he transformed into Moon. Moon kept his back against he door, preventing it from being opened. This time, he heard Foxys muffled voice.

-"Moon! Open the door, lad!"

He felt Foxy start pushing the door, and so he jumped away, climbing up a slide into one of the play structures. He watched with narrowed eyes through the gaps of the bars that made up the play structure at Foxy and Chica as they walked in and glanced around. Chica placed her hands around her beak to amplify her voice a bit.

-"Moony! Come out please!"

A wave of sadness washed through Moon at the name, but it quickly turned to anger.

-"Don't ever call me that again!"

Chica and Foxy looked over at Moon, who was in the play structure. They spotted his red eyes peering at them through the bars.

-"Cmon, Moon! We just wanna talk to you!"

-"Why would you want to talk to 𝙢𝙚?! 𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙩𝙤!"

-"Moon, please! Calm down!"

Moon snarled (fucking furry) at them, crawling to a different part of the play structure. Chica and Foxy exchanged glances, and nodded. Chica went to one of the entrances to the play structure Moon was hiding away in. She wasn't as nimble and agile as him, so she struggled around turns. Eventually, she did find Moon, in a corner, his legs pulled up to his chest, and his head down.

-"Moon?"

He looked up at her, immediately jumping backwards. He narrowed his eyes at her menacingly.

-"Moon, it's me, it's Chica, don't you remember me?"

-"𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙄 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪! 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩!"

-"I didn't leave 𝘺𝘰𝘶, Moon! I left that nasty Moon, that's what we all did, but you're back, right? You're the real Moon?"

Moon felt like he was going to burst.

-"𝙄 𝙉𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝙇𝙀𝙁𝙏!"

He reeled his legs up, kicking Chica with all his force. She flew backwards, and he crawled out to the bridge that connected the two play structures. He stood up, hooking onto the wire, but then he heard Foxy.

-"Moon! Come back to us! We're still your friends!"

-"𝙉𝙊 𝙔𝙊𝙐'𝙍𝙀 𝙉𝙊𝙏!"

-"Bring the old Moon back, we missed you!"

-"𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀 𝙄𝙎 𝙉𝙊 '𝙊𝙇𝘿 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉'! 𝙄'𝙑𝙀 𝘼𝙇𝙒𝘼𝙔𝙎 𝘽𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙀! 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙊𝙉𝙇𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙂𝙀𝘿 𝙄𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝙈𝙔 𝙎𝙐𝙋𝙋𝙊𝙎𝙀𝘿 '𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙎' 𝙇𝙀𝙁𝙏 𝙈𝙀 𝙄𝙉 𝙈𝙔 𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙀𝙎𝙏 𝘿𝘼𝙔𝙎!"

He flew up on the wire, to him and Suns room. He slid down against the wall, putting his face in his hands. He wanted Y/N here, so bad. He wanted her to be here to comfort him, but for all he knew, she was still asleep.