Chapter 57

1266 words

______

As Y/N got ready to leave for the night, she looked back at Sun. "Hey uh.. Is it possible you could come over tonight? Jax wanted to see you.. And it'd be nice to have some company over, since he goes to bed way earlier now.."

Sun walked over and leaned down, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, "anything for you, Sunshine." He said sweetly. Y/N smiled at him, giving him a quick hug, and then left.

As she was driving home, she couldn't help but feel like she was being watched. A red SUV suddenly began to trail her. She brushed it off as someone heading in the same direction, but as the car followed her on every turn, marking its blinker the same only seconds after she had, she began to grow nervous.

As she was beginning to get closer to her house, it continued to follow her. Suddenly, it's engine revved, and it crashed into her car. Her nose slammed against the wheel, and it made a cracking sound. She gasped in pain, holding her nose. Warm blood began to run from her nose, all over her hands. She coughed, unbuckling herself. She stumbled out of the car, looking at the one that had hit her. The license plate.. Was Jaes. The door began to open, light pooling out onto the dark grass, lighting it up.

Y/n immediately booked it, running down the blocks as fast as she could.

.
.
.

Moon was waiting in between some trees and bushes in front of Y/Ns house. He waited for a while. Usually she was here by now. Suddenly, there was a crashing sound a while away. Moon prayed that was someone else, he couldn't risk going out if it was. After a while longer, he began to worry. She wasn't here yet. But then there was a figure stumbling in the dark. Moon glared at it, and they turned and fell down on the driveway.

"Y/N!" A voice called from farther down the street. Moon recognized the voice as Jaes. Moon scanned the figure at the bottom of the driveway, and his breath caught in his throat. Y/N. He immediately jumped out of the bush, running to her and dropping down next to her. She was trying to push herself up as blood pooled on the driveway, leaking from her face. Moon took her arms and pulled her up to him, and she collapsed into his arms, her breathing shaky and fast.

"Hey, hey.. It's okay Starlight.. You're alright now.." He said softly, keeping his voice from panic. "Oh, you again. What are you doing out of the pizzaplex, robot?" Jae said, having caught up, now standing over Y/N and Moon. Moon looked up at him with hostility. "Luckily I started carrying something in case I ever saw you again." Jae suddenly pulled out a black brick, and jammed it onto Moons neck. It made a zapping sound, sending strong electronic jolts into his body. A tazer. Moon screamed, his body twitching profusely in response to the shocking.

He fell limp to the ground, feeling extremely weak. During this, Y/N had reached into her bag and pulled something out. She layed her head on Moons chest, "no..." She rasped as she felt how limp he was.

"Come on, Y/N, now nothing stands between us.. We can be together again!" Jae grabbed her arm, lifting her up. Y/N thrashed, thrusting her switchblade into Jaes side. He gasped in pain, letting go of her. She fell to her knees, struggling to hold herself up. Jae swore at her. "You'll  get what you deserve, Y/N." He said threateningly before running off to his car. Y/N looked back at Moon, who lay on the cement driveway. He pushed himself up, his body shaking. Y/N got up and stumbled over to him, almost falling as she reached him. Moon luckily caught her, pulling her to him, holding her tightly.

Moon stood up, wobbling a bit. He held Y/N in his arms, walking to her front door. He opened it, going inside and stumbling onto the couch. He fell backwards onto it, holding Y/N close to his chest. She was hyperventilating, quietly, but noticeable, her chest rising and falling rapidly with each breath. "I'm sorry... I ever asked you.. To come over.. Then he wouldn't.. Have hurt you.." She said between gasping breaths.

Moon gently put a hand on her head, not moving it, just staying still. "It's okay.. I'm glad you did.. He might've done worse to you.. And I wouldn't know what to do.." He leaned down, wincing from the pain of moving, but kissed her head. He leaned his head back, keeping his hand on her head. Y/Ns breath slowly began to slow down, as she rested her head on his chest. She closed her eyes, slipping off to sleep.

.
.
.

Glitchtrap pulled Y/N into a tight hug as soon as she was in the mind scape. "Thank goodness your okay!" He exclaimed, relieved. "You broke your nose from the impact of hitting the wheel.." He said before she could say anything. "I couldn't work on healing it until you were asleep. You were very brave, defending yourself and Moon like that." He pat her shoulder, "I'm proud of you."

Y/N smiled softly at him. "I want to wake up as soon as I can.. I need to make sure Moon is okay, Jae 𝘵𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘥 him."

"I know, I'll send you into a dreamless state so it at least doesn't feel as long to you."
Y/N nodded, and Glitchtrap snapped his fingers.

.
.
.

Y/N woke up, still in Moons arms. Her shirt had blood on it from when it gushed from her nose earlier. Moon was asleep, and she slipped out of his arms. She went to her room and put on a clean shirt, washing blood from her face, and grabbed a blanket. She looked in the guest room, seeing Joel asleep. She closed the door, making her way to Jaxs room, and he was fast asleep. She then walked to the back living room, where Moon was still lying on the couch. His eyes were open a slit, signifying he was awake, but barely. She set the blanket down on the couch beside him, pulling out her phone.

"Are you alright to run the daycare tomorrow? I won't be at work for a few days without a car.."

"Tell Sal to close the daycare.." He said painfully. Y/N nodded, walking out and dialing Sal.

"Y/N? What's up?"

"I need you to close the daycare. I don't know how long but you need to."

"Huh? What happened.."

"Something happened.. And Moons hurt. My car got wrecked so I won't be able to be at work for a few days either."

".... Y/N. I'm trusting you. I'll close the daycare for as long as needed, just make sure they're in working condition as soon as you can."

"I promise I will."

"Alright, I'll see you later then."

"Bye."

Sal hung up the call, and Y/N put her phone away. She walked back to the living room, and Moon still looked in pain, his eyes barely open. He waved her closer to him, and she walked over. He pulled her into his lap, and Y/N pulled the blanket over them. Moon closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around Y/N as she snuggled up closer to him. Y/N closed her eyes again, falling asleep.