Nothing Like A Street Race

Valerie Toretto loved Miami

Valerie Toretto loved Miami. Not just because of the beach but because of the racing. When she was younger she ran off to Miami and met Suki. They were both kids at the time and Suki's family took her in for a few months.

The two kept in close contact after she left and since she was on the run felt like visiting her friend was a great idea. What she didn't know was Brian's contact also knew Suki. Apparently he met Tej when he was a teenager and told him if Brian ever needed help to come down.

The two made their way down to Miami in a few days stopping to sleep and eat of course. Although Valerie always offered to pay Brian wouldn't let her. She saw that as his way of trying to get back on his good graces which were slowly working although she would never admit it.

Valerie missed her daughter dearly and almost called her a few times. She knew if she did the FBI would track the phone so she didn't. She often cried when she was asleep so Brain wouldn't notice although he could hear her since the two shared a bed. He didn't say anything and instead just hugged her as comfort.

Brian wasn't exactly sure what they were. They never officially broke up but knew they weren't a happy couple right now. He gave her some space and didn't bring it up, which Valerie appreciated. She was too focused on her families issues to deal with her relationship ones.

Currently the two stayed in Tej's trailer and Valerie laid on the bed doing a crossword as Brian took a shower. Brian bought her the crossword because it was about cars and Brian knew she could use it as a distraction.

Valerie turned in the tv and no surprise it was another new report about her brother. She hadn't spoken to Dom since that day at the train tracks and she missed her brother. She missed her family. Were they stubborn and a pain sometimes? Of course but they stuck to together and were there when it counted. Now they're scattered around the country.

Valerie turned it back off and Brian got out of the shower. He changed and grabbed a beer from the fridge before sitting at the edge of the bed. He took a sip and then handed the beer to Valerie who shook her head.

"You ok?" He asked turning his head to her. It was obvious Valerie didn't sleep much and Brian was starting to worry about her. He knew she was hurting and was trying his best to help any way he could. But he could only do so much without her talking to him.

"Fine." Valerie dismissed and got up making Brian sigh. He turned on the tv and got the answer to his question. He saw the news report and looked back at Valerie who was now in the kitchen.

Brian got up and walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her giving her a hug from behind but she shook her head breaking away from the hug.