Its Not Over Yet

Valerie had to say she kind of enjoyed sitting in the back of a police truck

Valerie had to say she kind of enjoyed sitting in the back of a police truck. Sure the place wasn't ideal but she was tired so if she could have a few seconds to relax she would take it. Val rested her head on her husbands shoulder and even though he wanted to ask her multiple times if she was ok he refrained from doing so. Instead he just kissed the top of her head. Valerie had already gotten out of the handcuffs but didn't show that.

Valerie tuned out the conversation the boys were having and thought back to when everything was simple. Technically for her she never truly had a simple moment but there were certain times the world felt steady.

Val missed her children and the mother instinct inside her was going insane. Valerie never imagined herself as a mom when she was younger. Mostly because she wasn't sure how she could be one. Val had been a giant having kids for a long time but when she found out she was pregnant it was as if everything clicked into place. She found a purpose in life.

Alex was her hope, that's why her middle name is Dove. Valerie chose it because in her darkest time Alex was her Dove that symboled peace. Of course it wasn't easy but the minute she was born she vowed to always protect her and give her the best life possible. She worked hard to provide and even though it was uncertain at times if she could do it she didn't give up. She raised her eldest the best she could and she turned out perfect in her eyes.

Skylar and Hannah were two unexpected gifts. They may have came at surprising times but they gave Valerie something to fight for. Brian was worried about being a father. Even before they got married they would have long conversations about the subject. Valerie had been the one to comfort and reassure him that he could be a father. Brian wasn't a hundred percent sure if that was true but when he held Skylar for the first time and then Hannah a little while later he felt what Valerie felt.

Brian made a promise to protect his family. Each one meant the world to him. Yes, biologically Alex wasn't his daughter but to him she was. He had helped raise Alex, he made her breakfast, gave her driving lessons...hell, he was the first person she called when her got her first period at school and Brian had to pick her up.