Trying and Failing

Valerie currently sat in a guest bedroom that Rosa had given her

Valerie currently sat in a guest bedroom that Rosa had given her. The two didn't want to stay there knowing how dangerous it could be but Rosa insisted. Nico was at a friends house and was staying the night so he wouldn't be involved.

Valerie missed her family. She was used to waking up in the same bed as her husband and her kids being down the hall. She even missed Alex's random phone calls. Valerie hoped her family was safe and that Brian got the message.

As Valerie looked out the window memories of the last time she was in Brazil flooded her mind. When she told Brian about Skylar, When the team all came together, the races, Vince. All of that felt like a lifetime ago.

Dom knocked on the door and opened it to find his sister staring off into space.

"You okay?"

Valerie saw Dom truthfully was asking so she sighed.

"No, not really"

"The kids are with Jakob, they're safe."

"I'm their mother I won't really consider them safe until I see them for myself. Alex is probably scared and trying not to have a panic attack since she thinks she's too old for it, Hannah hates being apart from me and Brian. Skylar will try and help but she's gonna hide the fact she's terrified too." Valerie said. She knew her children they were strong but at the end of the day they needed their parents.

"What happened between you and Brian?" Dom asked

"We just got into a fight before the job"

"About what?"

"I'm pregnant "

Dom's eyes widened at Valerie's words and instantly regretted letting her come with him.