A Good Surprise

Brian paced back and forth in the waiting room hoping everything was okay, he knew Valerie was awake and wanted to make sure she stayed that way

He also made Alex get checked out too. For her she only had a few cuts and bruises but Brian was not taking any chances after him almost losing his wife. Brian sat down in a chair finally and fiddled with his wedding ring. He always did have an attachment to it. Valerie knew he didn't want anything too crazy so she went with a simple gold band. What he loved about the ring was she had it engraved it an infinity symbol.

He looked out the nearby window and could see a the street where he and Valerie first raced. It felt like a lifetime ago when they were just street racing and not dealing with assassins.

"So you kept your word."

"I said I would didn't I?"

"Nice car. A little too bright in my opinion."

"Yours is pretty nice too."

He chuckled remembering his car stopped half way and Valerie had won. She always did win against him in a race but always shared whatever she got.

"Here."

"No, you won Val."

"Come in Blondie. Take the cash." Valerie persisted making him sigh.

"Fine. But next dinner I treat."

"You can thank me with a beer."

Brian rested his head against the wall and closed his eyes thinking back to every moment he shared with her. He noticed how in every single on he was smiling.

"I want to be with you. I've always have."

"I want to be with you too. But you have a life Brian. You can't just leave it behind."