Welcome Back Dom

TW Warning

The Toretto family had felt they had gone to enough funerals for a lifetime

The Toretto family had felt they had gone to enough funerals for a lifetime. After Jack Toretto, Jessie, and now Letty their big family they loved was getting smaller.

Valerie wore a simple black dress as Brian wore his FBI suit. Due to the fact he was FBI he couldn't sit with them since he would be on patrol for Dom.

Alex sat in her room looking at the black dress she had on her bed. She hated funerals. Letty wouldn't want one like this, she would want people laughing and racing not just standing around crying. Alex wanted to cry but she felt she had no tears left. She had two hours until they had to leave and Alex hadn't left her room since she found out. Brian had left early and her mom woke her up to tell her. It was probably better that Brian wasn't here since Alex would have most likely blamed him for Letty.

Letty only did it because Brian gave her that opportunity and she didn't know any better. She just wanted to save Dom.

Alex open her draw and took out the lighter. She looked at it and admired it beauty. It amazed her how something so small can do so much damage. She put her arm over the fire and once the pain got too much clicked it off.

Alex wasn't suicidal, she would never do that to herself but she did feel she deserved pain. Alex blamed herself for Jesse's death so one day she found a lighter and used it to make herself pay. She thought it was a fair trade. She never told Mia and since she was busy grieving herself she never pushed anything. But when her mom and Brian came back they noticed. Alexandra knew they were thinking it. The 12 year old was waiting for the moment they would yell at her for it and she just wished they would get it over with. Especially after the fight she just had with her mom. She wasn't really angry anymore but there were sometimes that she felt she held her mom back.

Valerie knocked on Alex's door making the girl quickly throw the lighter in the drawer and put a sweater on.

"Come in." Alex said and Valerie walked in. She was in a sweater and shorts and she could see she was crying too. Valerie also held a carton of cookie dough ice cream with two spoons.

"Grey's Anatomy is on, wanna watch?" She asked and Alex nodded scooting over. The two put their fight on hold due to the funeral but still weren't on the best of terms. Valerie put the carton in the middle of the two and went under the blanket. She pulled Alex into a hug and Alex hugged back.

Valerie ran her fingers through her daughters hair wishing she could make things better. She felt like she failed her. It was true Valerie missed things when she left. No matter how many times she apologized that wouldn't fix it. So she just did the best she could do.