New Recruits

Hey! Make sure to check out my other stories I would love to hear opinions!

Valerie didn't sleep at all during the night

Valerie didn't sleep at all during the night. Her mind wouldn't let her. She was too worried something happened to Brian. She spent most of the night staring at the celling. Finally she got a call at eight from him saying to meet him at a diner not too far from the trailer. Valerie was skeptical but he sounded like he was alright. She drove up to the dinner and saw his car parked outside as well.

Once she walked in she spotted Brian at a booth making her sigh in relief. Valerie sat down across from him making him look up from the menu.

"I ordered you a coffee" he said and Valerie raised an eyebrow

"What happened?" Valerie asked seeing how quiet he was.

"I got us a job."

"A job? Your gone all night. No calls or texts than you finally do at 8 in the morning to tell me to meet you at some shady dinner-"

"It's not that shady."

"Let me finish. You tell me to meet you at a, yes it is- shady dinner to tell me you got us a job? I'm gonna need more of an explanation Brian. I thought you got caught."

"I did." He said

"they just let you out?"

"Look, it's complicated but I got a way for both of us to be cleared. We do this job for my boss-"

"Your a cop again?" Valerie asked and looked outside to see if there was any cops. She used to trust Brian but she didn't anymore. He could have sold her out for freedom as far as she was concerned.

"No, he offered this as a way out. We should take it."

"By we you mean you should take it." Valerie corrected making Brian shake his head.