2

📩 Fortheoneandonly you've got a new DM - ShawnMendes wrote you a message

Hey. Just read the lyrics of your latest song. Just wanted to tell you, that I like the way you're writing. Where the hell do you get your ideas from??! I mean you're writing is really good.
It's not that I like the content of your fanfiction that much (I have to say that I guess), but I like the way you put words together in your songbook.
Ah and by the way this message goes to the girl that writes the songbook, not the one that writes the fanfictions. I saw that you share the account.

📨
Hey. That's nice.
Thank you for your (almost) kind words.
You're writing with the right girl.
To answer your question:
I don't know. Where do you get your ideas for your songs from? (Just kidding, I know that you aren't Shawn Mendes. But I have to warn you: Calling you Shawn Mendes on Wattpad - and everywhere else - is called identity-stealing. You shouldn't do that, that's not allowed, and someone could think, you're really Shawn Mendes. - Haha. Just joking. At least about the last part. Nobody on Wattpad would believe, that you're really Shawn Mendes.
But either way.)

📩
Hey, thank you for your answer. That's a really good question. But I have a good answer, too. ;) My inspiration has, as you more than probably know, been currently love and heart-break. And on the other days, it's just the mood I am in, sometimes even the weather.
Thank you for your warning, but I am Shawn Mendes. For real.

Mandy
I can't hold myself back from rolling eyes. "Hey Amy, you wanna see something? On Wattpad there are really idiots. There's this boy (or girl?) who's pretending, that he's Shawn Mendes. I shouldn't answer this again, should I?"

My best friend Amy takes a look over my shoulder and reads the messages the ShawnMendes-Imitator and I exchanged. "I am Shawn Mendes. For real", she quotes, than she laughs. I start laughing too. "Oh yeah, of course, Shawn Mendes is reading his own fanfictions, and than he's writing the author under his real name."

"Sounds realistic", Amy grins. "Just write him back, that you want concert-Tickets for the Show in two weeks. And backstage-passes."

I shake my head. "I don't know. Maybe, I should just stop texting him. - If it's a him. On Wattpad are way more girls than boys. At least, that's what my statistics are telling me all day."

"You're absolutely right. So then just write him - I think, it sounds even though like a him, I don't know why - that he shouldn't steal an identity, and that it is really weird, to pretend against other users, to really be Shawn Mendes. But say it friendly - maybe - just maybe- , he's really Shawn Mendes, and then it would have been a shame to be in his next interview the person who offended him."

📨
Look, you're sure a nice person. But I don't think we should write again. You really have to understand, that You. Aren't. Shawn Mendes. Okay?
You may love him, and you may wanna be married or at least be best friends with him, but that's with a percentage of 99 percent never gonna happen, okay?

📩
I assure you, I don't wanna be married or be best friends with myself, and I understand, that you don't believe me. Can I at least ask you some things about your writing technique? It's very unique. And I liked the self-written songs of yours, too. Honestly, they were the reason, I decided to write you. "My love" is so good. It's honest and pure, and it could really be a song of mine.

📩
I'm sorry, I meant, a song in Shawn-Mendes-Style, of course.

📨
"Are you at least a boy?", I ask and then wait for his answer.

Yes. And just to inform you: I am 24 years old, and I am from Toronto.

Sure you are. Any proof?

I could send you a photo, right now. Out of my window. It's actually snowing at the moment.

I don't know exactly, how it looks like in Toronto, when it's snowing. Just from photos. And you could get an image out of the internet. So, no.

I could send you a pic of myself. Well, not of my whole self, because I really don't want this photo to be in the internet. But I could send you a picture of my hand.

I'm hardly having too much mind-cinema.

Please don't.

Oh my gosh, relax, I just want to make a photo of my tattoo. You surely know, which one. The bird.

Okay, okay. But I warn you: The second, you send something weird or cringe or something like that, I will talk to Wattpad, and I will block you.
Right now.
Get it?!

Absolutely.

... 📷

MandyOne second later, there's an incoming picture

Mandy
One second later, there's an incoming picture. It's a male hand, long musician fingers and rings and yes, there's the tattoo.

My heart makes a bump. This can't be real. That's not Shawn Mendes. The person, I am chatting with, is not Shawn Mendes. This person is really clever. He has had to cut out a photo from the internet. Or maybe, he has really gotten an tattoo, that looks the same.
Yeah, that's the most logical answer, I guess. At least, it's really a boy, and (a plus) he is a fan of Shawn Mendes' music.

📨
"I still don't believe you, that you're Shawn Mendes, but I believe you the rest (the 24-year-old-living-in-Toronto-thing), I guess", I type. "Any more information, I should have about you? Can you sing, too?"

📩
As I told you: I am Shawn Mendes.

Okay, fine. Just tell me, why you aren't writing under a nickname? Why aren't you muffinlover_1998 or Wonderboy_on_Wattpad?
You wouldn't have to be afraid, that I share our convo with the public. - Or much more risky, on Wattpad.

I don't get any answer, and for the next two and a half hours, I'm sitting quite distracted in front of my study-books. Then, finally, there flashes a new message on my smartphone.