51

"It's all just your fault, that I'm now in this situation", she's crying. "If you've never written with him, than he wouldn't ask me now things like that."

It's not necessarily to mention, that if I wouldn't have written with Shawn, he'd never written with any of us, cause he apparently wasn't interested in her fanfiction, he was interested in my stuff. My 'songwriting stuff'. I grit my teeth. It's also unnecessary to tell Amy, that he would've never even spoken with her, if I didn't write with him. So hell yeah, Amy's in a bad situation, but it is not my fault.

"I swear, I swear to all that's holy, that I will tell him, that everything was a big misunderstanding, and that you were the one, he was writing with. I really will tell him, that you didn't write this misguided fanfiction-stuff and that you're a nice girl and a good friend." Amy sniffs. "But please, please help me."

"I'm not gonna help you", I cross my arms. "Never."

"Mandy, I'm so sorry, I ... I just love him so much", Amy looks at me, as if I've told her, that she was I'll to death. "I can only think of what happens, when he finds out."

"You mean, that you aren't I?"

"No. No. When he finds out, that I'm not the girl, he wants." Tears roll down Amy's cheeks.

I don't know what to say. I am really speechless. "Amy, if he doesn't want you, than it's his fault, not yours."

Well until some limit at least. My former protective-best-friend-gene steps in, and I don't know if I should hate it or think it's recognizable, that it's still there after all, marking me as a real good friend. Really good or really dumb, the bad inner voice tells me, and I'm ignoring it. "Look, I really have zero intentions helping you. In this case, it's your fault, that you are in this situation. You moved yourself in this situation. I for myself am getting better. But you'd really hurt me by breaking with out friendship and all that shit."

"I know", Amy sniffs again. "But please?"

"No." I shake my head. "Just tell him that you don't have the energy to write songs at the moment. Girl, just say you have writers block. He's a singer-songwriter. He's gonna understand. Just tell him anything. But let me live in peace."

"I can't."

"Why?!"

Amy looks so devastated, that I can't hold my question back. "Amy, what the hell'd you tell him?!"

She looks down to the ground. I have problems to understand her answer. "I told him, I've had lot's of songs in petto, and that he would be crazy about them."

Holy shit. "Have you gone mad?!" I stare at her.

"What else should've said?! He looked at me with these unbelievable eyes, and we had nothing more to talk about, cause we don't talk most of the times. It just happened."

If they don't talk, what the heck are they then doing all the time?! I guess, I really don't want to know.

"What did you expect me to say?! That I can't write songs? That I'm a stupid girl, that fell for someone, who's apparently only searching for girls that can write songs either?!"

I take some deep breaths to calm down. "The truth, Amy. You should've told him the truth."