I act like I didn't hear anything and just take the steps to the back-door, the secret excit, that our tutor from university adviced us warmly. He said literally: "I don't want to see any pictures of any of my students drunk on the stairs of the label where I usually get to put my best internships under. - Have fun and don't spill any other thing than tea on the red carpet of the foyer then I'm happy."
He had hemmed. "Also, if someone's drunk although, then the paparazzi won't wait at this door for you, due to some security reasons."
He did smile. "When I was young, I really liked leaving without being noticed how long I stayed on a party. - Even though nobody really was interested in me back then. Ah yeah. When I was young..."
He then got really philosophical, and we've decided to think about who we wished to meet on this party and how likely it would be to meet anyone's famous manager to maybe get one of these precious internship-places in the future.

I pass several floors which are all decorated with big framed pictures with stars in, or with vitrines of Grammys and that kind of stuff. I surely would detect Shawn's face multiple times – if I would stopp by. But to be honest, I am now kinda running, cause I've heard someone calling my name a second time.

I reach the back-doors.

I thought the prof did talk about a fire-case-excit or something really unshiny, but even these doors are opened by a door-keeper. He greets me politely, and I greet him politely back.
"Have a good evening, Ms."

"Thank you, you too."

I'm finally out of the building, in a little back-place of the building, breathing in the ice-cold air and feeling freezing cold on my cheeks. I tighten my grip around my coat a bit and pull over my scarf. My gosh is that a cold! Why is it always cold when I run away from this pop-singer?! Well, maybe, because we have winter?
Yeah, maybe.
I look around and relieved I recognize, that our tutor was right: nobody, no paparazzi, no press, is waiting here for some celebreties to leave the party drunk.
I've gone some steps when somebody's calling my name again. "Mandy, wait, Mandy, wait!"
He adds the "please" some seconds later, and that's the moment when I turn around.

Shawn's standing in the cold, all alone, right behind me. He's got his coat on too, and his breath is producing little clouds in the cold. Gosh, if he looks one more time at me with this eyes, I'm gonna break.

I'm really breaking. Already.

I swallow hard. "Didn't you listen to me Mendes? Didn't you listen, when I told you to stay out of my life?"

He takes some steps in my direction. Now, he's standing right in front of me.
"I did listen", he says after like hours passed. "But you don't listen to your own words. Cause tonight, you showed up again. In my life. And I'm getting tired of this."

Hah! As I would've planned so! "You showed up in my life", I say. "And..."

"Could you please be quiet for a moment and just listen?"
Shawn's taking another step into my direction. He scans me from top to toe, and I cross my arms in front of my chest. But I stay silent. Maybe he's gonna let me in peace when he said what he'd want to say. Besides, I'm now really interested in what he's saying. The whole last hour inside there were strange, and I am still interested in knowing why he was so nice to my friends.
I'm waiting for Shawn to speak as he told me, but suddenly he seems to not know what to say. His gaze rests on my face, and I'm beginning to feel uncomfortable. It's a quite weird situation. I hem. "I'm listening."

"Ah. Yeah." Shawn hems too. Then he takes a breath. His security seems to get a bit back. "As I said: I'm getting tired of this. Our world's seem to collide. Again and again. And they're crashing at each other and if we don't watch out, we're crashing each other. And that is nothing I want. For the both of us." He breaths deep in and out. "We need to find a solution for this. For this whole situation. Cause I can't take it anymore."

"Me too."
I said it very quiet. Then I repeat: "Me too."
I frown. "So but what are we going to do against this?"

Shawn shrugs. He just interlocks his gaze again with mine. My breath makes a little pause, and my heart makes a big bump. I hastily look away and break the mysteriously magic moment. He hems. "Maybe, you could first of all tell me, why you always feel the need to show me how much you don't like me."

Did I hear him right?! I stare at him. "What?! YOU don't like ME, not the other way 'round!"