88

>> DeTerMined <<

The way to the label is kinda new and kinda wellknown in a strange way. I didn't mention to anyone that I've already been here before. I just told the other's, that I know some of the people working here. I let out of course, who these persons were. That would have been for no good – and noone would have believed me either way. Also: If I mentioned that I had been stuck in the partner-building's elevator over-sea in Toronto with the face of the label – Shawn Mendes  - there'd surely have been more than one raised eyebrow.
To be honest: Even if I know that it is unrealistic, I kinda hope, that the name Shawn Mendes won't be spoken out tonight. At least not that often.

My hopes are being disappointed already in the car. "Guys, do you think Shawn Mendes' manager will be there? Andrew Gertler?" Layla looks kinda dreamy. "I really wish I'd meet him. He's such a giant in the music industry! And such a genius!"

"The way he made Shawn Mendes successful is just unbelivable."

"It was not only his now manager who made him successful", I say, thinking of the sacrifices Shawn's family has made, but also of the platform 'Vine' where he first uploaded his music – snippets of covers and later own songs. It was his family's love and his fans support. "Andrew Gertler maybe made him famous, but he did not make him successful."

"You differ between being successful and famous?" Eric looks at me curiously. I can see how the others lean a bit forward in their seats.

I hem. "Well, yeah. I do."

They still look interested, so I see the need to explain what I meant. At least I am trying it, because I have to be careful when it comes to talking about Shawn Mendes. "So I think first of all, you can be successful without being really famous. You don't need to be known by all the people in the world – his manager is the best example, isn't he? I mean, we know him now, but he's successful in doing his job, but he's not the face of the label – Shawn is. And Shawn Mendes may be famous, but is or has he been all the time of his carreer really successful? I doubt that. If you've followed his story of getting famous, there were long parts, where he was – at least in his job – not that successful."

"How do you come up with that?"

"Well, his 'job' was – and is – writing new songs. And being on stage. Being there for his fans. Being a star. As simple as it sounds. And as sad as it may sound, he wasn't. He did neither of these things."

"I think that's a bit shortened", Eric says frowning a bit. "But I understand, what you're trying to say."

"Mandy really has got a point there", suddenly our prof says. He's sitting next to the driver of the big van we're in moving. The driver drives the car with a calmness that is really admirable, cause the traffic in London is already horrifying at day, and now it is much more worse, cause it's rush-hour and it seems like a lot of black cars and shimmering vans have the same destination like the one we're heading to tonight.
Our professor turns aroud in his seat. "You have to know, I know several people from the label – Andrew Gertler is one of them. - It'd really be a surprise if he'd be there tonight by the way. - But either way. He would approve, what Mandy said right now. I myself couldn't have explained it not better. We will deal with the difference between the term 'success' and 'fame' later in the lecture, but this did sum it up already very well. If I wouldn't know it better, I would say that Ms. Riverdale over there has had already some lectures in 'media-presence' and 'management-issues'." He smiles at me, and I recognize the other staring at me with a kinda new-won respect. I smile back for a second than speed up changing the subject.
This does only last until someone asks: "Guys, do you think Ed Sheeran will be there, too?" - "Yeah, and what about his manager?" And I'm having the feeling that this evening could get ambitious.

————————

AN:

Hello hello guys, it's partyyytime 👀Have fun reading! ❤️ And don't forget to comment and to click on that tiny star to let it 🌟 shine 🌟 and vote

Have fun reading! ❤️ And don't forget to comment and to click on that tiny star to let it 🌟 shine 🌟 and vote. 😊😇