25

When we've exchanged numbers, Aaliyah says: "Don't you wanna join us over there?" She points to the little crowd around Shawn and Amy.
For a second, I hesitate. It would be so much better, to go to him and Amy and to clarify everything right now. But then, I see Amy laughing, and her happy face is hurting me, cause I know, that if I would tell Shawn the truth, she would be embarassed for having lied, and I would destroy her luck for todays evening. I really can't do that. "No no, it's fine, I'm happy with just sitting here and listening to the music. Also: Everybody seems to be very happy over there. There's no need for someone strange, who doesn't drink any alcohol."

"I'm sorry, that my brother is this unpolite to you, it's just..." "The fanfiction-stuff", I add. "I understand."

"Well yeah, but I am not sure, if this is everything - I've never experienced him that distracted at a show as this evening before." Aaliyah bites her lip. "Well yeah. Either way. If you wanna come over, please feel welcome."

The rest of the evening is just a kinda blurred event, where people are speaking and laughing a lot, and I am sitting for hours by the fire, just as a witch or a watcher, who's adviced, just to sit there and obeserve all these other young party people. Just to inform you, if you have had asked yourself, if Amy has talked to me once this evening: Zero.
Zero times.
She got it to arrange, that she never came near to the fire or me. She didn't even look at me. She did only speak with Shawn, and her glowing cheeks told me (and probably everyone), that she was totally in love with Shawn.

When it got more and more cold, and the stars got covered by dark snowclouds, I got myself a blanket to warm my shoulders, and I listened to the sound of the laughing and chattering people. Even though I wasn't in the best mood, it kinda got better, listening to sounds those made me feel melancholic and somehow reminded me of Suffolk. I always liked the winters in Suffolk. They were really nice, and I loved the snow-covered landscape and the tiny old houses with the wood and the stone. The village where I am from, was always decorated in a wonderful Christmas-feelings-giving-style. Very likely.
The winters in Toronto and it's environment are very hard. They catch the cities and expose them to winterstorms and blizzards. Now, we have had luck, that we've only got early November. So yeah, it's cold, and yeah, there's snow, but it's not already the deepest winter.
That gave me an idea for a songlyric.

🗒✍🏻
We'll see, what winter will bring

***

The way back home was also very strange, because Amy was absolutly drunk. You could see it at her a little glassy eyes, and the way she moved her head and how she got into the car. When she said bye to Shawn, she nearly kissed him. At the end, she just gave him a kiss on his cheeks - but that was a sign, nobody could ignore anymore. She was giggling, when he hugged her and whispered something in her ears. I would've thrown up, if I had looked anymore at the two, so I decided, to just put my earpods in and listen to music. Irony of life: The first song playing?

Wonder by Shawn Mendes.

It was two O'Clock at night when we were arriving the hotel. I was totally tired, and when we got to our rooms, I said to Amy: "Did you at least have a good night after ignoring me the whole evening and playing that act?"

She just ignored the last sentence and said with a dreamy smile: "The best." Then, she turned around and opened her door. "Night Mandy."

Yeah good night Amy. And tomorrow I would tell Shawn the truth. I really would tell him all and everything.