"And?" Aaliyah looks at me curiously. I shake my head, and she makes a "Sniff"-Sound. "Okay."
She looks at Karen. "Mu-um? Do you know, what's up with Shawn?"

Her mum looks at her questioning. "What should be with him? He's gonna come down when he smells the dinner." To my mum, she's saying: "Please excuse my son, he's momently extremely involved in writing new songs. At least, that's, what I guess."

"So, I guess, we shouldn't call the press and tell them, that Shawn Mendes is probably releasing some new music?", my mother jokes.
Now, I'm getting red, again. "Mum! Don't say things like that! At the end someone really believes that stuff you're talking." I look excusing at Aaliyah. She just smiles. "No problem Mandy, I have the good feeling, that your mother and you are very trustworthy."

I grin a bit. "Are you sure - I could go outside, every moment and call the press. I guess, I now have information enough for a whole letter just about the way, Shawn Mendes' family is hosting dinner."

"Yeah, go ahead. We're really interesting. Just make sure, you're not forgetting to mention the blue teacups and the not-anymore-eatable ice-cream in the frizzer."

"I'm gonna describe all the details", I say with a more or less serious face. "And I will mention, that Shawn is writing lovesongs in his old bedroom of course." – "What?" A voice is interrupting our joking, and my heart makes a bump. I whirl around – and there he stands, right in the door, leaning against the wall, the face intransparent. "I –", I really don't know, what to say. The truth is: I didn't expect him, to sneak in so casual. Somehow, he's still always really a bit 'the great Shawn Mendes' (*a little screaming*), the great singer-songwriter, I admire. At least, he'll always be, even though he doesn't like me. And he definitely doesn't likes me. Any sign of politeness or friendliness he may showed yesterday when he gave Aaliyah his pullover for me, is gone now. This little spark, I may have seen then in his eyes, is today absolutely not existable.

"What do you mean, you're gonna describe all the details, especially me writing new songs in my old bedroom?" He looks at me extremely suspicious. The temperature in the room is falling around ten degrees. It's as frosty, as someone took the ice-cream outside of the fridge and didn't close it. Karen and my mum exchange irritated looks, and for a second, everybody looks from me to Shawn and back. I cross my possibly shaking fingers and just look back at him. It's kinda again a staring-duel.

Aaliyah is the one, who saves the situation (and the evening, I guess). "So, guys, if you can now end flirting. It's kinda getting hot inside here. And I'm gonna throw up, if you don't stop." It's like she's breaking the ice. Karen laughs and my mum too, and I look just at the wall right behind Shawn. "We weren't flirting", Shawn says, but not that impulsively, I thought, he would do.
I nod supportively. "Yeah, Shawn and I... we know each other only barely."

"Very barely", he says, and for a second, I have the feeling, I am back in the elevator. My breathing is getting hard, when he looks at me, the same way, he looked at me, when I couldn't breath and think anymore. I take a deep breath of air and then nod. "Very barely."

"Okay, so what isn't can be", Karen says, and my mum adds with a smile: "May I introduce myself to you? I'm Jillian, Mandy's mum. I'm really happy to meet you – I like your music, even though, I may not be the total cliché of a fan. I guess, they are normally between fourteen and thirty." She laughs, and everybody laughs with her. I look at Shawn.
And there, it is: A little grin, that's getting brighter. My mum did, what I couldn't do: Making Shawn smile. "You're absolutely right, my classic fanbase is probably this age. But you can't be much older."

My gosh, he's speaking with my mum – a forty-seven year old! Okay, she's really good-looking and probably she looks quite young for her age, but yeah, it doesn't need much, and he's saying: "You could be her sister!" Nice conversation.

"And here, he is", Karen says, as the door opens, and a real living snow-man steps in. It's Manuel, Shawn's and Aliayah's father. I don't know him, but my mum does apparently, cause she smiles at Manuel and says: "Hi Manu. How are you?!"
"I'm fine, thank's Jillian. Really nice to see you. It's damn cold outside. The snow is getting more and more. Shawn, I don't know, if you'll be able, to get to that show on Tuesday. They say in the radio, that the streets to Toronto are closed."
Shawn's face darkens a bit, but I am distracted by his father, who's smiling at me, wih a quite familiar similarity to Shawn's smile, and who now says: "And you must be Jillian's daughter. Very nice to meet you."

I smile back. "Nice to meet you too, Sir." He laughs loud. "Manu! Only Manu, please. If you're a business partner, than Manuel, but as long, you have nothing to sell, I am just Manu." He looks at Karen. "Is dinner ready? I'm sorry, that I couldn't help you darling. On the street was a lot of traffic. The streets got worse and worse. I am glad, I got for dinner home from the city."

"Dinner! That's our keyword", Aaliyah smiles shiny, and shows us all with a bright gesture the way to the dinning-room.