112

"See ya the weekend", I say and leave the house with my bag again.
Gerald's a nice man, and my mother seems very happy with him. - When they're together, she's smiling a lot, and he treats her just the exact right way a man should treat my mother - kind, with love and respect and with reliability.
Gerald has humor, laughs over mum's odd jokes and asked me a lot things about university and living in England, and nothing about Shawn or other famous celebrities.

By the way

[🔔 John Doe alias Shawn wrote you a new message ⤵️]
📲
Hey, you alright? I thought about us doing something special tonight, you're in?

📱
Well, I don't know what for I say yes to, but I guess, I'm in.

📲
Then it's a date.

📱
A surprise date?

📲
That's absolutely right.

📱
You aren't going to tell me, what kind of surprise date is is, aren't you?

📲
Then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore. Why?

📱
It's just – I have no idea, what's expecting me – it makes a little difference, if we're going out to eat, or if we stay at home. If we go do crazy things like-

[I almost wrote "If we go do crazy things like skydiving." Suddenly, I am totally aware of the fact that I haven't told Connor yet about Shawn and me. Neither did Shawn. I think, he somehow think's, that it's my task to do tell Connor. – And so do I.
But I haven't seen Connor now in a while, and it just feels weird – to meet up and say "Oh hey, I hope, you're fine, by the way, I'm having something with your best friend. (Exactly, what you've been afraid of.)"
I really miss doing things with Connor – as a friend – but I don't think, that he'll be speaking a lot with me in the future when he knows about Shawn and me. Gosh. Why has life to be so complicated?!]