124

Synopsis: Back in Toronto, still winter vacation

<<get a little nervous around you>>

It's early in the morning when I take the first look outside and detect that it's snowing again. Sometimes I'm asking myself if winter in Toronto lasts somehow longer than in the rest of the world. But it's almost the end of the year, so honestly we just face the "eye" of the season.
From my study colleagues (who are already asking with whom I spend my whole winter holidays) I know that in England it's been snowing the last days too.

I think of the snow in Suffolk - the hot cocoa of my grandma and 'bout the way my aunt has always a few chocolate cookies when I come over this time of the year.
New Year's morning, my mother and I are gonna travel together to England so that we can give our family the left out holiday visit.
My mum's gonna come with me to London, and I will show her my university, and then she's heading back to the States. She's got "a lot to do until the wedding" (original quote as you may have already supposed).
She asked me to help her organize the wedding, and somehow I am honored, somehow I'm still dealing with the whole my-mother's-marring-again-package. Will probably do for a while.

I open the window just to get some snowflakes into my nose. I sniffle. The "white gold" is dancing around the building and in front of the window - you almost can't see the Toronto-Skyline.
I yawn and put over the pullover Shawn's put on the arm-chair yesterday. It's one of his favourite sweatshirts as I found out - and it's the one he gave me when I was shoveling the path to my mum's garage. Crazy huh.

Wearing the hoodie and still yawing, I make my way to the living room/kitchen. I hear some silent piano sounds and smell cocoachino. I can't but smile. This boy is just as crazy about this drink as I am.

"So, I've been working on this song", Shawn starts immediately when I enter the room. I raise my eyebrow. "Good morning Shawn, I hope you'd sleep well."

"I didn't. But thank you."

"You didn't sleep well?"

"No, I didn't sleep."

"You didn't sleep?"

"Well, yeah."

I am now getting used to Shawn staying up late, sitting at his piano or – more usual – being on the sofa, playing guitar, and writing songs, but I sense, that he'd only stay up a whole night, if he'd have something like a break-through – an inspiration, a revelation. I am really curious, I have to admit. "So you did write on a song?"

"Yes, I have been. I am." Shawn puts his cup of coffee aside. "You want some coffee?"

"I want to hear that song", I roll my eyes. "Really, you like to tease me, don't you?"

"So: no coffee eh? - I like it when you're impatient - that's cute", Shawn twinkles, and before I can say some things those show how impatient I am, he stands up, comes over to me, gives me an intense kiss, leaving me breathless and with that special acching he always gives me when he kisses me like that.
Shawn takes my hand and I follow him to the corner where his guitar is. "Uhm, okay. Sit down. Please." He points to the sofa and runs his fingers through his hair.
I can see, that he's a bit nervous.
I suppress a little giggle. - It's crazy, that Shawn Mendes, one of the greatest songwriters of the century, is nervous playing a song to me. Mandy.
And somehow that makes me nervous, too.