<<close(er)>>

"Did you really think this through?" Shawn asks and leans himself next to me at the wall. I nod, but my heart makes wild bumpers. "Okay, then let's do it."

The doors of the elevator close behind us, and I'm closing my eyes either.

"You know, that I drive with this elevator every day several times when I'm in London, don't you?" His voice sound's amused.

I nod without looking at him. "That's what you would have said when we took the elevator in the label if you'd tried to calm me down then,
too."

"Oh no. I wouldn't. That's something, that happens quite often there, actually", Shawn says with a little laugh.

I open one eye. "But why did Aaliyah want to take the elevator if she knew that this could happen – Oh", I interrupt myself.

"Yeah, oh." Shawn grins again.

"This manipulative, unbelivable intelligent girl", I can't belive it. "Your sister's really got a match-maker-gene."

Shawn laughs a bit grumpy. "Yes, she has."
The elevator makes a little bump. I shrike and close my eyes again. "Why the fuck do you have to live always in the penthouse?!" I remember, that Amy once reported that Shawn lived in Toronto in a penthouse-apartment, too. Man, I would always take the stairs. My legs would be more trained than the legs of a marathon runner, but at least, I would. Not. Be. Stucked. In an elevator. Gosh.

Suddenly, I feel a warmth right in front of me. And then there are arms left and right caging me kinda up. I open my eyes again, just to see Shawn's face right in front of me. Wow, he's really tall! If he would want, he could lay his chin on my head. Not that this would be super cliché. "Cheesy", I mumble, and Shawn says: "What?"

"Oh nothing. My tongue just seem to think, that it has to speak for me without my permission, whenever I am in an elevator. And when I am stuck on little room with you." I hem and get red. "Look, it happened again."

Shawn leans a bit forward. "I like when it happens. – Do you know, what I would love to know?"

His breath on my cheeks makes me shiver. "What?"

"What your tongue can do besides talking."

"Gosh, when did you change Shawn Mendes into Shawn-smirky-flirty-Mendes?!", I say, but I can't get that picture of us leaning just a little bit forward out of my mind. The sparks in Shawn's eyes tell me, that he has the picture in his head too.

Our faces are only milimeters away from each other's, when the elevator makes a loud "Ping!", and the doors open.

"Oh wow. I almost forgot, we're in an elevator", I say to overplay my red cheeks.

"That's, what I wanted", Shawn says bright grinning. "Come in."

🎶
I need to know, if this is mutual
Before I go and get way too involved
🎶

-

🎶
Can't get you off my mind
🎶