102

AN:

So guys, I know, the last chapter has had a lot potential to be the one for the happy end of an already long lasting story - but: it isn't

So guys, I know, the last chapter has had a lot potential to be the one for the happy end of an already long lasting story - but: it isn't. I have a few more in mind for our new-won couple and as long as inspiration finds me, I'd like to continue the story to it's true end. - Let's see this chapter here as a mid-term-comforting-moment for Shawn and Mandy and all of us! ;)
- And I don't think I'm gonna promise too much if I'm saying that it's gonna look a lot like Christmas soon!

So I hope you're all alright and you're ready and excited for the holidays, snow, some drama (who doesn't LOVE it?!) and all the glitter that comes along with Christmas! ❤️

Love,
Rapunzel

—————

Mandy
"Hey, morning", I say, a bit insecure when I'm entering the room.

Shawn's sitting on a chair at the bar of his kitchen, two coffee-cups in front of him. He's looked on his smartphone, and now he's lifting his head, just to give me a smile. "Morning. – Coffee?"

I nod. "That would be great."

He jumps of the chair and takes the coffee-pot and fills in something of the black hot drink. I frown. "You don't have a coffee-machine? Something fancy-dancy?"

"I have." Shawn grins. "But it's not working at the moment."

"Wasn't the machine in the stadium in Toronto wrecked, too?", I ask.

"Yeah. I remember us writing about it."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I do. I remember a lot of the things we wrote. Actually, I remember everything we wrote."

A weird silence is appearing. It's like we both of us remember again all the nights we'd sent messages, and all the moments we've shared. But it's also like we're getting aware again of the fact what happened afterwards the concert.

I take a sip of the coffee. "Oh wow. It's actually very good."

"I think, we need to talk about this", Shawn says suddenly, taking another sip of his coffee, too.

"About the coffee?"

"No. About us."

I'm instinctly wanting to ask if this is really necessairy, but instead I feel that Shawn's right. We really need to talk about this. There's no way, that we both will act like nothing happened since the last time we'd write. Like we didn't spend the whole evening with talking and half of the night with kissing and making out. "You're right. We need to talk about this."

"So, we both apologized and we both accepted these apologies – at least, that's what I got from yesterday", Shawn looks at me questioning, and I nod.

"And I really liked last night."

"I liked it too", I smile, and my cheeks are turning a little red, thinking of the way, we'd touched each other and the way he held me in his arms.

Shawn's also smiling as he remembers the same or similar things.

When we got to bed at four in the morning or somewhat, laying next to each others - hugging and warming another - that felt incredibly right.

"So then I think we need to get to know each other. In real life."

I reply his gaze, and he runs his fingers through his hair. "And ... So ... Uhm."

I grin sheepishly. "Shawn Mendes, are you asking me out for a date?"

His cheeks are getting a bit red. I like it. I also like the way, he's nodding. "Yeah. I thought, we could spent some time together, maybe drive through the suburbs, get a little bit drunk, call for pizza and just have a great day."

"Having a great day sounds good", I smile and follow reach over for his hand to squeeze it softly. He squeezes it back and smiles relieved, just as he expected me to turn my back on him after last night. But if I was sure for something, than it was, that I wouldn't let Shawn walk away a second time.