10

[X-10 to the concert]

📩
Are you excited to go the concert?

📨
Yes, I am. I never was on a Shawn Mendes concert. When he once visited England (I am from Suffolk by the way), I wasn't in the mood to go to any concerts. And the next time the tour was cancelled.
I am sorry, I know, I'm still writing sometimes "he", because it's still unbelievable that this should be true. I mean Shawn Mendes on Wattpad?! C'mon.

Haha, I get it.
Why weren't you in the mood to go to a concert?

My parents got divorced.
That was 2016.

Oh, that really sucks.

Yeah, it does.
But this was also the year where my parents decided to move to Canada. We had been there on a holiday-trip some time ago, and we fell immediately in love with the country. After the divorce, my parents still both wanted to live in Canada, even though, they weren't a couple anymore. So we went right here, and they split up, as they planned, and I was the cliché of a kid of divorced parents, just with the addition that I was uprooted in a stranger country.

Mandy
I barely remember the time I commuted between the living places of my parents. It was a hard time, cause even though I liked the city and the landscape, and I loved the little cute house, my mother rent for us, I didn't know anyone.
I was thirteen, and I spent the whole summer playing the guitar and the piano. I wrote in that time so many songs, I can rarely remember every single one of them. They surely weren't all that good, but I liked playing them, and it helped me, to feel a bit less lonely in this new city.
Only when school started, right after the summer-break, I had the chance to find new friends. And the first friend I found was Amy. She was already at that time extremely extroverted and - a big plus - also new in school and new in town. She came from London out of high society class, and her parents decided to move to Canada due to her dad's work.

📩
Do you now feel like having new roots in this country? I mean is this your home, or is England still your home, after all this time?

📨
I definitely feel like being @home where I am right now. At the beginning, I felt like I was homeless, of course. I mean for real, it was homeless, not homesick. Suffolk was really great, I loved the landscape and my old school was nice. But I was in the seventh grade, when we went to Canada, and that's the time, where you're truly bonding with your school and classmates, I guess.
Do you wanna see a photo of my favorite place here in Canada?

Of course, I'd love to!

... 📷

📩Wow, that's really beautiful

📩
Wow, that's really beautiful. But it looks like... let me guess, wait ... Ontario?!

📨
You're absolutely right. Isn't it wonderful?! It's a lake right behind the city, where I live.

You know, that I know, where you live, don't you?

You know, that I could've used another address, just in case you were not who you pretended to be, don't you?

Right. You're really guarded.

Careful.

Mmmmh. Right.

Can I ask you something, too?

Yeah, of course.

What's your favorite place in Canada?

Have you ever been in Alberta? Banff?

No.

It's the most wonderful place, you can find. One of my favorites. I could send you a picture, but it doesn't really fit the atmosphere it has. But maybe, I find one either way.

... 📷

📩I found a second one - there we go

📩
I found a second one - there we go.

... 📷

📨o_o That's incredible beautiful

📨
o_o That's incredible beautiful. I wish I could go there some day. It must be great to be there, standing there, looking up to the sky, seeing the northern lights.

📩
It really is.

Maybe

What maybe?

Maybe some day, we can go there together. It's a place, where you really get inspiration.

I would love to :)