Chapter 9: Captured

Two Months Later

September 1943 Azzano, Italy

I send off my whistle to the guys using the mind bond I've created with each of them, and quickly they all mentally whistle back.

"Bucky!"

"Doll? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just—it's nothing. Do you have my bracelets?"

"Yes, ma'am. Here you go."

"Thanks, Love." I quickly place them on my wrists knowing that I won't be able to remove them for a couple of weeks or more. See, I made these power cuffs that would allow me to be normal because the guys wanted to see if I could still beat all of them without my powers. (A/N: Yes, guys I know it's really stupid of her, but I needed it to happen so that the storyline is still similar to the movies. Just roll with me on this one, and I apologize in advance for any future trauma.)

It is just like any other standard patrol until we hear screaming in the distance. Bucky and Dugan come over to me.

"Doll, what's going on?"

"I don't know. Even if I weren't wearing the cuffs, I don't think whatever it is has a mind to get into, and the technology is too advanced for me without additional equipment which I could conjure if I hadn't put these on. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Doc. You tried."

"I hate to say it, Jamie. I think we need to surrender ourselves. Of course, I would have chosen today to put these goddamn bracelets on."

"You didn't know, Doll. It's okay."

Our troops drop their weapons and walk forward with their hands raised.