Chapter 5: Natasha

As I leave, I call a phone that I knew would be Nat's "captor."

"Это для нее," the guy says. (It's for her)

"You listen carefully—" the boss dude starts.

"You're at 1-14 Silensky Plaza, third floor. I have an F-22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone, or I will blow up the block before you can make the lobby. Я не буду колебаться, мудак." (I won't hesitate, asshole)

I hear the phone being moved around and once it stills, I continue.

"I need you to come in."

"Are you kidding? I'm working."

"Yeah? Who do you work for again? Oh, yeah! —Me. This takes precedence, Nat."

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation. This moron is giving me everything."

"I don't give a shit, Nat."

"Look, you can't pull me out of this right now."

"I have half a mind to fire you for saying that; but, Natasha, Clint's been compromised."

"Let me put you on hold."

I hear her attacking the three guys and breaking out of her restraints.

"Where is Barton now?"

"We're working on finding out."

"Liz—"

"Nat, you know I can't; but he's alive. I'll brief you when you get back. But first, I need you to cover for me here. I have to talk to the big guy."

"Your husband? That will be an easy conversation."

"No, Coulson's getting him in a couple of days. I get the big guy."

"Вот дерьмо." (Bullshit)