Chapter 8: Final Mission

I pack up our stuff and teleport the three of us to upstate New York. I put our stuff in our old rooms and head down to watch with Clint.

"Time travel suit, not bad."

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!"

"I'm being very careful."

"No, you're being very Hulky."

"I'm being careful."

"These are Stym Particles, all right? And ever since Renata Stone and Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it."

"You really believe that, Scotty?"

"Ren?"

"Yup. I've got some extras ready just in case. We'll do two test runs at once. Clint and I will do it though. I think you're a bit too antsy. Barton! Let's get ready."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Clint, DD. Now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about that."

"Wait a second," Rhodey interrupts. "Let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know—go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos?"

That is when I tune everything out. Clint and I are now standing on the platform.

"All right, guys. We're going in three, two—one."

Suddenly, we're traveling through the quantum realm. We split ways, and I land in May 1941. Steve, Bucky, and I are at a baseball game. I see us. Past me waves and comes up to meet me at concessions.

"Here, Liza. A ticket and a mock banana."

"Shit! I do not miss these! That thing is nasty. Thanks, Ady!" I yell before I'm back to the present.

"It worked!" we both say. Clint is on his knees hyperventilating. He tosses Tony a baseball mitt. "Hey, Stevie! You want a mock banana sandwich!? Do you remember May 1941?"

"Oh god. Those nasty things. Yeah, Fury's messed up plan because of the baseball game."

"Yup. I got a ticket."

Clint and I get out of the suits, and I conduct a meeting.

"Okay, so the how works. Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Cap?"

"Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Or substitute the word encounter for damn near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Well, I haven't—but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about."

"Regardless, we only have enough Stym Particles for one round-trip each."

Scott and I wink at each other.

"And these Stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets."

"Correct."

"So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, Loki. What do you know?"

"While my brother sleeps, allow me to explain. The Aether is not a stone, it's a disease that once inflicted Jane Foster. Thor brought her to Asgard to be healed. That was 2013 approximately."

(A/N: Thor didn't fall to drinking because Loki is still alive, yay! But he has trouble sleeping because of everything that happened. So, he's not fat. Just really tired)