Chapter 2: Maybe Pregnant

I portal to New York to meet up with Tony for our daily run. We get to the park as he's rambling.

"Slow down, slow down."

"I'll spell it out for you."

"You're totally rambling."

"No, I'm not."

"You lost me."

"Look, you know how you're having a dream, and in the dream you gotta pee."

"Yeah."

"Okay, and then you're like, 'Oh, my god. There's no bathrooms. What am I gonna do? Oh, someone's watching.'"

"Right."

"'Oh, I'm gonna go in my pants.'"

"And then you wake up and in real life you actually have to pee."

"Yes."

"Yeah!"

"Okay."

"Everybody has that."

"Right, that's the point I'm trying to make. Apropos of that, last night I dreamt that we had a kid. It was so real. We named him after your eccentric uncle. Uh, what was his name?"

"Right."

"Morgan! Morgan."

"So, you woke up—"

"Naturally."

"—and thought that we were—"

"Expecting."

"Yeah."

"Yes?"

"No."

"I had a dream about it. It was so real."

"Yeah, no. The last time we had kids was in the 2000s. Besides, if you wanted to have a kid—" I remove his jacket, "you wouldn't have done that."

"I'm glad you brought this up, because it's nothing. It's just a housing unit for nano-particles."

"You're not helping your case, okay?"

"No, this is detachable. It's not a—"

"You don't need that."

"I know, I had the surgery. I'm just trying to protect us—and future uses and that's it. Just in case there's a monster in the closet. Instead of, you know—"

"Shirts."

"You know me so well."

"God."

"You finish all my sentences."

"You should have shirts in your closet."

"Yeah. You know what there should be? No more surprises. We're gonna have a nice dinner tonight. Show off this new Harry Winstone. Right? And we should have no more surprises. Ever. I should promise you."

"Yes."

"I will. Thank you."

A portal opens behind him.

"Stephen?"

"Dr. Stone? —er, Stark?"

"Yeah—um"

"Tony Stark. I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. I need you to come with me. Sorry, ma'am."

"It's fine, Steph. Good luck babe."

Bruce walks out from behind Stephen.

"Hey, guys."

"Bruce."

"Hey, Bobby."

"Oh."

"Bobby? You okay?" I ask ashe hugs us. They leave before he can respond.