Chapter 6: Unauthorized Access

Scott calls me to go with him to retrieve the prototype of a signal decoy that Hank and I made a couple decades ago, and it's a good thing he did.

"Uh—guys, we might have a problem. Hank, didn't you say this was some old warehouse? It's not! You son of a bitch!"

"Scott, get out of there."

"Abort!"

"Scott, you'll be fine! I'm with you. Sam's on duty today. Get the part, and I'll distract him until you can take him down, okay? By the way, Hank and Hope can't see me and don't know I'm here. Keep it that way. Got it?"

"Abort now!"

"No, it's okay. It doesn't look like anyone's home. Ant-thony, get me to the roof!"

"He's gonna lose the suit."

"He's gonna lose his life."

"Don't worry, you're not gonna lose either."

"All right, I'm on the roof of the target building."

"Here comes Sam."

"Somebody's home, Scott."

"Sam, this is part of your training, okay? I'm invisible right now. You're gonna fight me. The breach—I triggered. Copy?"

"Yes, ma'am. Base, it's just Viper again. We're clear."

I punch him in the gut and swipe his knee. Scott runs to get the part. Sam tries to get me but continues to fail as he can't see me. Scott gets the part and joins the fight utterly confusing Sam. We quickly leave with the part.

"Don't worry, Sam. If you don't tell Cap about my being here, I won't tell him about this. See you soon."

"Yeah—thanks."

                                                                                         ● ● ●

"That was completely irresponsible and dangerous! You jeopardized everything!"

I appear from the shadows as Scott sets down the part. "I'd say he did pretty good. By the way, Cross is gonna be here soon. Stay safe!"