Chapter 11: Apologies and Celebrations

As I fly us to Wakanda, Steve writes apology letters. Once we arrive, I head back to the Raft and let all our teammates out. Clint gets a plea deal a few weeks later, but Wanda and Sam come with me back to Wakanda. Tony wrote an apology letter to us as well.

"Shuri!"

"Princess Lady!"

"Oh, stop. Come with me, please."

I take her down to the lab leaving the boys behind.

"What's up?"

"Could you do an ultrasound. I think I had a miscarriage, and we probably need to check whether I did or not."

"Of course. Sit down."

She puts a kimoyo bead on my stomach, and we see an image of two very healthy babies.

"They are perfect, Isi. A girl and a boy."

"Wow. I thought—"

"As far as I can tell, that was just your body's reaction to being handled too roughly. Likely a trigger from HYDRA."

"Crazy. I need to—"

"Here."

"Thanks, Ri!"

I hologram call Tony and Nat. Shuri heads out to get Steve and Bucky.

"Genny?"

"Liza?"

"I need to tell you both something. Steve and Bucky, too."

"Yes, Doll?"

"Ads, what's wrong?"

"I need Tony and Nat to get here."

"Okay. We'll come as soon as possible whilst still avoiding suspicion."

"Great. See you all soon. Boys, get out, please."

"Sure."

"So, all your family is coming here?"

"Mostly, yes. I wonder what Vision, Pietro, and the boys are doing. Can you help me get this set up?"

"Of course! I love a good party."

The next day, everyone in the palace has gathered to help me celebrate the announcement of new birth. Tony, Steve, Bucky, Nat, Sam, and Wanda are all here.

"Hey, you guys. We are having a celebration of life. Please, follow me," Shuri says leading the way for us.

"Everyone, allow me to introduce you to Shuri Aja-Adanna Udaku Nkosazana of Wakanda."

"Allow me to tell your family who you are here?"

"Kanjalo." (Of course)

"Nkosazana Isilumkile Iirozi Igorha Udaku who serves as the general for the Dora Milaje." (Princess [names stay the same. I'll include the meaning eventually ;)])

"Hayi ixesha elide." (not for long)

"Kanjalo. Amawele abaluleke ngakumbi." (Of course, the twins are more important)

"Do any of you know what they are saying?"

"No," Bucky says. "Oczym ty mówisz?" (What are you talking about)

"Rozmawiamy o imprezie." (We are talking about the party)

"Jaki to by język?" (What language was that)

"Xhosa. To jest język Wakandy." (Xhosa. That's the language of Wakanda)

"Now, what are you two saying?"

"Ne tinquièèérie. J'expliquais tout àBucky." (Don't worry, babe, I was explaining everything to Bucky)

"Oh ouais?" (Oh yeah)

"Oui, mon amour. Shuri et moi discutions des details de la fête en langue wakandan." (Yes, my love. Shuri and I were discussing the details of the party in Xhosa)

"Everything settled, you guys?"

"Ewe, Shuri. Masihambe." (Yes, Shuri, Let's go)

"Ewe, Nkosazana." (Yes, Princess)

"Imibuliso. Wamkelekile kumbhiyozo wabazukulwana bam. Namhlanje intombi yam izovza isini samawele. Ndingathanda ukwamkela ngokufudumeleyo kwiindwendwe zethu ezikhetekileyo, abazili bamawele. UNatasha ngumama kwaye USteve nguyise. Come here, you two." (Greetings. Welcome to my grandchildren's party. Today, my daughter will reveal the gender of the twins. I would like to give a warm welcome to our special guests, the twins' father and mother Steve and Natasha) Ramonda greets the crowd.

"Просто чтобы вы знали, я все еще беременна. Это вечеринка по раскрытию пола." (Just so you know, I'm still pregnant; this is a gender reveal party)