Masquerade

RECAP

"April, um....Bryan is behind you and from the looks of it he's coming this way" My heart just froze in my chest after hearing those words. What the hell is Bryan doing here? This feels like déjà vu from mine and Cameron's date. Is he here to ruin this date as well? What does he want?

"Callum, hey how's it going?" There he is. I try my best not to look at him as Callum talks to him with a forced smile on his face. I can feel Bryan looking at me but I don't look. I need to stay strong....for myself, for Callum and Cameron.

"April..." Why does this have to happen to me? Couldn't he see that I didn't want to have a conversation with him? Swallowing my saliva back I look over at him. He looks amazing. His brown hair is tousled and his eyes are shining bright in this dull room. Why, after everything that has happened he still has this effect on me? I have a boyfriend, an amazing boyfriend who cares about me.

"Bryan"

"I.....I need to talk to you about something-it's about....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's about what? And if you want to tell me then please say it here" I reply back to him with a strong voice. He still keeps his eyes on mine and doesn't look away making me lose my concentration.

"You don't understand this needs to be said in private" This time he sounded desperate. I look over at Callum who gives me an assuring look.

"I'll be waiting here for you" He pats my hand gently and leans back in his chair. Letting out a sigh I get up from my chair and let Bryan lead me out of the restaurant.

"I know that this was a bad timing but....I think I've gotten my memory back" Once he said those words I couldn't help but let out a loud gasp. He gave me a small apologetic smile and waited for me to say something. He's gotten his memory back....that means....he knows who I am now. He knows about us.

"That means..-"

"I missed you April" He moves towards me and places his hand on my cheek. That familiar feeling soon came back inside of me making me melt against his touch.

"You did?" My voice came out small as I was trying hard not to let my tears fall out.

"My years without you were like hell. I know I didn't call you but you don't know how hard it was. You kept calling me and I pushed you out. I wanted you to move on with your life"

"And did you?"  He sighed tiredly and looked away from my eyes.

"I don't want to answer that question April" He took his hand away from mine and turned his back towards me.

"But I want you to answer that question for me Bryan. I want you to put my mind at ease" Taking hold of his hand I make him turn around so he is facing me. His face is masked with sadness making it hard for me to keep my head held up high.

"I'll tell you what happened...I didn't move on Bryan. How did you expect me to move on with my life when I didn't want to leave you in the first place, it hurt and it hurt a lot. I honestly thought you moved on because of the unanswered phone calls and then suddenly everybody decided to remove me out of their life in the process as well. Tell me what I did wrong Bryan, tell me what I did wrong?"

"You did nothing wrong April. I'm sorry....the night I was going to call you, I drank a lot and I was driving and then there was a crash and I passed out. You know being a vampire and all I never worried about every dying but never did I think I would lose my memory. I still remember the day I woke up in the hospital. Cameron came into the room and asked me about you and nothing came to my head at all and little did I know that he was asking me about you" This time I let my tears fall out. I wrap my arms around his waist and start crying onto his shoulder.

"It's ok, I'm here now" Hearing them words from him was just enough for me. We stayed in each other's arms like this until I felt the cold air around us making me shiver a little. Pulling away from him, I look up into his blue/green eyes as he smiles at me.

"You have no idea how happy I am to have gotten my memory back. When I saw you I just had a feeling that I knew you from somewhere but I couldn't place my finger on it but now I know"

"Bryan...." Getting lost into his blue eyes reminded me of someone else....Callum. "Callum" My eyes widen as I look at Bryan. How could I have forgotten about Callum. Bryan realised what I was talking about and took a few steps back from me.

"You like him, don't you?" He asks me with a pained expression on his face.

"Bryan.....I was hurt and Callum he understands me. You can't make me pick between the both of you"

"It's going to have to be the one of us then April" His pained face had suddenly turned to anger making me feel a little angry as well.

"How can you do that? It's been years since I last saw you and when I do see you I actually move on because I thought you would have never remembered me and then...then I met Callum. I never intended on liking him but it just happened Bryan, can you at least not understand that" Bryan scoffed a little and turned his face away from me.

"When I first left you, I never pushed you to make a decision-Cameron did but this time I'm not letting you slip out of my hands April. I love you, don't you understand that?"

"I do understand that Bryan but I need time"

"Just admit that you have feelings for me and Callum and you can't decide who you want to go by. We've had a longer relationship April, you've only known Callum in like a month or some weeks"

"It doesn't matter about how long you've known the person for or not!"

"Shouting isn't going to get you anywhere April. Listen to your heart-what is it telling you?" He asks in a soft tone.

"My heart? My heart is telling me that I need to think about this" I knew Bryan wanted to say more things but he held it in.

"Fine, I'll be waiting and you'll know where'll I be" He walked away leaving me standing where he was. The way emotions overpower is so shocking sometimes. I just went through shock to happiness to anger and sadness. I have to make one of the most important decisions of my life. Choosing my once forbidden love or new fantasy.