(Cold As You)

The smell of coffee and burring toast hit my nose once I entered Costa. I held onto the bag and walked straight to the counter to find there was no line there because every one was just sitting down at a table eating, drinking or reading. I walked straight to a guy who as really pale, skinny and had a lot of tattoos and piercings. He saw me coming and smiled.

“Hi what can I get for you?” He said in a Manchester accent. I’ve been there so I know how they exactly sound like.

“Hi can you get me a tea no sugar and um a raspberry muffin” He nodded his head and started writing it down onto the touch screen.

“If you just take a seat I will get that to you as soon as I can” He said smiling. I gave him a small smile back and turned around. Where can I sit? Oh there is an empty table, which is right at the front. I walked up to the table and pulled a chair out sitting down on it. I took a deep long breath and took my phone out of my pocket.

Missed call from Andrew. I am not going to reply to that after what he said to me. I would never do that especially if I knew the pain that someone was still suffering and going through.

“Just a coffee” My eyes widened. No it can’t be is it? I slowly turned my head around to see Mr. Benson standing by the counter ordering a coffee. I quickly turned around and faced towards the wall. I can’t let him see me. Firstly, I hate the guy with my guts and he does too and secondly I haven’t been school since the Cameron incident so it would be weird and awkward. I felt someone’s footsteps from behind me and there was a cup of tea and muffin placed at the table I looked up to see it was the guy.

“How much will that be?” I asked him. He looked down at his notepad and got the pen from behind his ear.

“That will be 5.35” He said. I nodded my head and got the exact change of money out for him. He took it from my hand and murmured a thank you.

“Um can I have this tea on the go please” I told him before he went away. He nodded his head and took the tea from the table. I turned around again to see this time Mr. Benson sitting at a table to my right talking on the phone and drinking. Great how the hell am I supposed to leave this place without him seeing me? Wait, I can just ignore him can’t I. Yeh that won’t be so heard considering he doesn’t even care about me so why should I care if he sees me or not.

“Miss here you go and have a nice day” The guy said giving it to me in my hand. I smiled and read his name tag which was Brett.

“Thanks Brett you to” I got up from my seat and quickly walked it out of the shop. Taking a deep breath I took a sip of the tea and started walking towards the direction of the school.

Why can’t life be like tea or coffee? You know you can just sip it all up and nothing ever affects you, you will just stay warm all the time but when it’s time for you to get cold you let it all go down.

“Aril is that you?” Speak of the devil I just left behind at the shop. I turned around and saw Mr. Benson standing there with his cup giving me a cold look.

“Mr. Benson I’m surprised to see you here” Not really. He smirked and threw his cup in the bin putting his hands in his jean pocket.

“Why aren’t you in school yet? Do you realize what time it is?” I looked at my watch. Shit I’m already five minutes late.

“Oh I’ve got to go then” I told him. I was about to run but he stopped me by speaking.

“If you don’t each school in five minutes you have a whole week detention” He said like it was no big deal.

“But it takes me fifteen minutes to get to school from you” I told him. He shrugged and started walking towards a car I’m guessing his.

“Well not so good luck to you then” He got in his car and drove off. Shit! My legs took a mind of its own and began dashing to school.