(Heart Speaks First)

“April. April can you hear us?” I hear someone ask. I try to open my eyes but find it very difficult.

“Boys move out of my way!” I hear another voice say. Gosh what is going on here, taking a deep breath I slowly open my eyes to see a lady standing in front of my eyes-it’s the school nurse. What is she even doing here? “Oh April good thing you’re awake, the boys were literally going to push you off this bed” She said with a glare. She moved away and I saw Leo and Cameron standing there looking worried. Leo walked over towards me and grabbed hold of my hand while he kneeled onto the floor.

“Thank God you’re awake, we got worried and you have to explain a lot of stuff to me April” He said very seriously.  He stood up and helped me sit up on the bed, suddenly my head started to pound as I pressed my palm against the side of it.

“What happened?” I ask clearly confused to why I was even here. All I remember was me and Bryan dancing.

“You passed out. Apparently you were de hydrated” Cameron told me as he sat at the foot of this very uncomfortable side bed.

“Well can I go now?” I ask the nurse in a very rude way. I may sound rude but the last place I want to be is in here.

“I want you to drink this water bottle-all of it” She told me as she gave it to Leo.

“Come on then, let’s get you home” Leo told me. He took hold of my hand and got me of the bed while holding onto my waist

“April I’ve got to go but I’ll call you tomorrow” Cameron told me as he came up and gave me a hug. Hugging him back, he smiled and walked out of the door. Something’s up. Something very strange because Cameron would never even think about leaving my sight

“Come on Leo” I say. We walk out of the door and into the hallway where the music was still blasting loudly from the hall. Great to know that everyone is still having a great time.

“April” I hear the devil say. What is he doing here? Turning around Bryan walked up to me as he walked between me and Leo. “You ok?” He asks reverting his attention back on me. Don’t show him anything April, you’ve moved on. I say to myself

“Why do you care?!” I shout at him. He seems taken back from my response as he scratches the back of his head

“Well I should be; you fainted in my arms. I’m not that much of a prick” He tells me. Yeah right! After everything else, he isn’t that much of a prick.

“Maybe you should re think what you just said” Taking hold of Leo’s hand I turned back around as we both walked out of school and for me, forever out of Bryan’s life.

************

“So let me get this straight….you used to go out with your teacher?” Leo asks for the fifth time. Pouting in some wine in his glass I nod my head and lay back on the couch. “Well today must have been very awkward…but I don’t get one thing?”

“What?”

“If you guys used to go out and everything why does he act like he doesn’t even recognise you. Even in the supermarket, I…I just don’t get it” Leo said taking a gulp from his glass.

“Well I just found out today he lost his memory from a very bad car accident” I say quietly. I feel Leo’s gaze on me, as I try and not let the tears come out

“April…I-“

“You’re sorry. I know...that’s what they all say” I reply cutting his sentence of.

“Well April I am sorry because you didn’t deserve that. Nobody deserves that” He tells me as he grabs hold of my hand.

“Thank you again”