(Dark side) PART 1

"April are you ok?" Callum asks once I take my seat opposite him. Giving him a fake smile I nod my head as a yes. Looking away from his gaze I look down at the menu in order to distract myself. The last thing I need is to put Callum off with everything that is going on. "April, I'm not stupid you know" Slowly drifting my gaze back onto Callum's crystal blue eyes he reaches across the table and takes my hand in his. "I know that I haven't known you as well and long as Bryan has, but what I do know is when you fake a smile...what did he say to you out there?"

"Callum h-" I got cut off when my phone suddenly started to ring.

"Pick it up" He tells me gently. I quickly dig my phone out of my purse too see it's Caleb. Why is Caleb calling me at this time?

"What do you want Caleb?" I ask into the phone.

"April. April thank God you picked up your phone!" Caleb sounds out of breath and very frantic. What's going on with him?

"Caleb what's going on?"

"It's Cameron, he, h-"

"What about Cameron, Caleb speak to me" I find myself standing up from my chair while my heartbeat quickens. Cameron promised me that he wouldn't go right now so what is Caleb even saying to me.

"He needs you April, I think he's dying" A gasp leaves my throat as I cover my hand on my mouth. No, no, I need to go to him. Looking towards Callum he looks at me in worry.

"Cal we need to go, Cameron...he....something....he's dying" I manage to blurt out with a sob. Callum's eyes widen in shock, he seems to register the news fast because he quickly takes me by hand and drags me out of the restaurant.

"How are we going to get there, we don't even have a car" I remind him.

"Take a taxi April, just get here and stay on the phone with me" Caleb says through the phone. Me and Callum walk around the streets so we can try to find a taxi somewhere. Taking in the view of the street I look at everybody's faces to see they're all smiling as they walk with their friends or family and here I am living the life I never thought of.

"April there's a taxi right there, come on let's go" Callum quickly takes my hand in his and starts to run towards the taxi. I feel my lungs starting to inhale and exhale for air to breathe. Cameron I'm coming.

I'm coming for you and nothing is going to happen because I am your best friend and this best friend promises to make sure you are fine. Callum lets go off my hand and starts talking to the taxi driver while I get into the back seat.

"Where are you guys?" I ask Caleb through the phone.

"Tell the guy to drop you off by the end of Madison road and from there you guys just need to walk a couple of minutes to your right path way" He tells me. In a normal situation I would ask Caleb where the actual hell is he but I just need to see Cameron. Callum soon enough enters the taxi and sits beside me putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Where are you too lovely couple heading then?"

"At the end of Madison Road please" I tell the man politely. Without turning his head he nods and starts the car pulling out into the road. "I'll call you when I'm there Caleb, tell Cameron to hold on"

"Come quickly, bye" I shut the phone off and try hard not to cry. First Bryan comes and tells me he remembers everything about the both of us and have to make a decision between him and Caleb and now I find out that Cameron is dying. What do I do with my life, how can I make such hard decisions and deal with pain and sadness at the same time. I feel Caleb drag me into his comforting body as he runs with soft hand up and down my arm.

"It's going to be ok April, you know it is" He murmurs into my hair while placing a kiss as well.

"I want to say it's going to be ok but each time I have, something ends up going wrong in the process. Why can't I just be happy for once in my life and not have to worry about anything?" Gripping onto his shirt I bury my head into the crook of his neck and inhale his scent in order to calm me down. Being around Callum makes me feel safe, happy and loved and it's something that I missed for a very long time. Why do I have to choose?

"We have to go through the worst pain in life to get where we want. All of this suffering will be worth it April, it may not seem like it right now but the end result will be the best and you'll look back at these days and not regret a single decision you made" Holding onto him longer I for once forgot about the rest of the world and just let myself relax a little. I don't know who I'm going to choose between but I just want to enjoy this moment of comfort with Callum.

"Right, here is your stop!" The taxi driver yells out loudly to us. Me and Callum pull away from each other slowly as Callum goes through his back pocket to get his wallet out. I put my hand over his and am about to reach for my purse when I realise I've left it in the restaurant. Callum must have realised why I froze up because he carried out. Handing over the money we get out of the taxi and watch the man drive off. I stare at my surroundings to see we at the edge of the woods. I feel like I recognise this place but I just can't put my mind to it.

"You should call them" Callum tells me. I stare at his for a few seconds and then quickly re-dial Caleb's number. He picks it up in the first ring.

"Caleb, we're by the woods, where do we go now?" I ask him while looking around.

"Ok you guys are going to be standing at the entrance of the woods so just walk straight, you'll see a pathway which has a right turn and a left turn, you both turn right"

"So he said to walk straight and take the right path" I inform Callum. Callum raises his eyebrow but doesn't question. He takes the lead and I follow behind him ignoring my fear of the dark and scary heights of the dark trees. "How is he doing Caleb?" I ask.

"April I can't tell you, he just needs you right now"

"Tell him I'm coming, I'm coming as soon as I can. Caleb where do we go after we've turned right" I ask him.

"There's a small house just straight of you. You'll see me, I'm standing outside the door" Catching up to Callum's pace I take hold of his hand and he squeezes mine back giving me a small smile. I look straight ahead and try to see the house he is talking about. Step by step the house starts coming into view and I see Caleb pacing up and down the pathway of the house. I cut the phone off and Caleb looks up directly at me and Callum. I let go off Callum's hand and start running towards Caleb.

"Where is he?" I ask while running. Once I'm standing in front of him while out of breath, he gives me a sad look and points into the open door of the house.

"He's in the basement, come on" I turn around to see Callum is behind me as he puts his hands on either sides of my shoulder steering me into the house. My heart starts to pound faster in my chest while blood rushes through my ears.

"How-how did you guys get here anyway?" I ask Caleb who was ahead. I see Caleb tense a little because he moved his shoulders a little.

"You don't remember this place?" He asks me with worry.

"I...I don't" I tell him truthfully. Caleb opens the door and steps aside for me to go in. A gasp leaves my throat as I feel myself back up into Callum's chest. I know this place, this place....it's.

"April what happened?" Callum asks with his hands still on my shoulders. Callum doesn't know and he can't know, he'll run away hearing it all. This is the place where......where Cameron first died.

A/N: How was this chapter?

It's not the best and I haven't edited it at all so if there are mistakes please forgive me.

Unfortunately, this book is indeed coming to an end so there will be a few chapters left and I promise to make them really good.

Comment, vote and share!!