(All Of Me)

No...no, no he’s lying. Cameron can’t be…….but he can’t.

“Caleb you need to stop lying to me!” I scream at him in full anger. He looked back at me with regret and sadness on his face. Why is he saying such a horrible thing to me, about my own friend? Why would someone do that?

“April I wish I was lying but I’m not” He replies back to me. Slowly, I walk over to him and grab the collar of his shirt making him look me straight in the eye.

“If you say that again once more I will never, ever talk to you again!” He closed his eyes and tried to look away from my eyes but I just kept pulling his shirt so he can still look me in the eyes. “Why do you like to hurt me Caleb? Does it make you feel better?” I ask him. The tears run down my face as I try my best to ignore them. I know he is lying, Cameron is not dying, my best friend is not going to leave me….he would tell me if something like this would happen.

“April I don’t want you to get hurt”

“Shut up Caleb, just shut up”

“April, please”

“I said shut up Caleb!” Pushing him away from me furiously I turn around and try to breathe in evenly.

“Please try to believe me, I wouldn’t tell you this to make me feel better”

“SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!” All I do is just break down, falling apart; I fall down to my knees and sob into my palms. Why does my life have to be this way? Why can’t I just be a normal human being, why, WHY WHY!?

“April, I didn’t mean for this to happen” I hear Caleb tell me softly. Looking up at his face I couldn’t see his facial expression as my eyes were blurred from the tears.

“What did you do Caleb?”

“I…….remember that time when I told you I brought Cameron back from the dead?” He was shaking badly, all over as he kept blinking. What did he do that’s so bad?

“Just speak Caleb, just speak”

“There was an agreement”

“An agreement with who?” I ask him desperately while getting up from the ground.

“The person who helped me bring him back, he told me that if I bring him back now then he would have to go back and his time…..it’s coming” Cameron.  Pushing myself past Caleb I started to walk back towards his car.

“April, where are you going?” Caleb asked me frantically

“Leave me alone Caleb, leave me along” I mummer to him. “I want you to open this car door for me right now and give me your keys” I ask him softly while wiping the dry tears away from my cheeks.

“No April, first tell me where you are going? I’ve just told you the most shocking thing in your life and I can’t leave you on your own at this moment”

“If you don’t give me those keys then I swear to God Caleb I will kill you” He looked between both of my eyes as he takes a step back.

“Kill me if you want April, I’m not giving you my keys” Taking a deep breath I feel the tears threatening to fall out once again as my eyes twitch trying to stop them.

“You’ve already ruined my life, how much more of it do you want to ruin?” I ask him. Leaning against the car door I look down at the ground as the wind blows my hair across my cheeks making it tickle a little.

“Take them” Looking up at his face he hangs the keys on his finger as he waits for me to take them. I step forward and grasp the keys into my hand. Unlocking the car door I get in and start the engine. I notice that Caleb is still standing outside looking at me through the windows. He forces a smile on his face and gives me a wave. Looking ahead I drive off.