(I turn to you)

“Alright don’t worry I am right next to your side” Mr Benson said as we stood facing the front door of my house, he knocked on it not too loud and not too quiet. Immediately, mom had opened the front door she looked at me and then Mr Benson.

“He-lu” Mom said trying hard to speak English. I wanted to laugh but that would be disrespectful to mom. Also, it isn’t her fault she was born and raised in Italy.

“Hi Mrs.Lily” He said to mom, he gave him a wide smile and then turned to face me. I looked over at Mr Benson who considered seeing this situation is being very awkward.

“Digli di venire in casa” (Tell him to come inside the house) Mom told me. Mr Benson smiled gracelessly.

“Come on in then I guess” Mom moved at the side to let him step in the house. He walked through and mom shut the door behind grabbing hold of my arm and making me go her height level.

“Che cosa sta succedendo? E dov'è il pane che ti ho mandato fuori per?” (What is going on? And where is the bread I sent you out for?)

“Mamma vi si considera il fatto che io non tornare per almeno un'ora? Il mio insegnante spiegherà tutto” (Mom will you consider the fact that I didn't come back for at least an hour? My teacher will explain everything) She sighed and focused her attention on going inside. Mr Benson I realized was waiting for me and mom. Walking forward I stood next to him.

“So I’m guessing your mom wasn’t that worried then” He said into my ear, I looked over at him and noticed that our noses her touching, we both at the same time took a step away rom each other.

“Yeah I’m actually surprised” I told him. “Why don’t you come and sit in the living room” He nodded his head and walked before me. Dad and Andrew were watching the football match and didn’t notice any one of us walk in.

“Dad?” He looked at me then his gaze followed to Mr Benson. Dad smiled as he quickly stood up.

“Bryan, how you doing? Surprised to see you here” Dad said. Oh brother. Is dad actually going to make himself look stupid that Mr Benson has actually come to our house before….hang out….wait….how does dad know his first name?

“Dad how do you know sirs first name?”

“I already told you. Oh April you tend to forget stuff, Bryan is m-

“I’ve seen your dad around a lot, you know here, there everywhere so that’s how we know each other” Mr Benson said cutting dad’s sentence. Dad forced a smile and nodded his head.

“Right, here, there and everywhere. Oh please sit down” Dad told him. Mr Benson smiled and sat down on the black leather sofa, dad sat next to him. I went and sat next to Andrew. Mr Benson and dad started talking about god knows what; I sat their ignoring Andrew as I could feel him staring at me.

“Oh Andrew can you please lower the volume” Dad said to him, he threw the remote on my lap.

“Turn the volume down” He said bitterly. I gasped and threw the remote back at him.

“April, why are you throwing the remote control at your brother?” Dad asked in question, I looked over at Mr Benson who had a small smile tugged on his lips.

“He started it” I said to dad.

“This is really immature you guys are gone old so why don’t you act your age? Look I think its both of you to go to sleep now” Dad said tiredly.

“But tomorrows Saturday” Andrew said intensely.

“And I don’t care. Both of you up” I sighed and got up.

“Actually can April stay? I need to tell you about something that just happened recently”

So Bryan (a.k.a. Mr Benson) told dad everything. Dad was really stunned, irritated, confused and sympathetic. Also, guess what I am grounded for a week and I’ve never been grounded before. So this really sucks. Apparently I’m only allowed to go till four o’clock if any later then the weeks will increase. So, I guess I am ok with that. And dad gave mom the look which means we are going to talk about more.

“Anyway it was nice meeting you, I hope you all have a goodnight” Bryan said. Oh god I’m used to calling him Bryan now. I have to be careful in school. 

"I'm just going to drop him of by the car" I told them, they nodded and shut the door behind me.

"Mr Benson" I called out to him, he turned around and stopped.

"What did I tell you it's Br-

I cut him of by attacking him with a big hug wrapping my arms around his neck. I know he is a teacher but the guy saved my life. A hug is not even enough. I let go and he looked shocked.

"Thank you for saving me. Bye and have a good night" I gave him a smile and walked back into the house.