(Escape)

“Caleb….hey…..what are you doing here?” I ask him. His smile turns into a frown as he slowly lowers the flowers he had in his hands which I just seemed to notice now. I haven’t seen Caleb since the day…well…since the day I left New York for Italy. He..he was the one who brought my dead boyfriend back to life, he was the one who helped me overcome being scared of my teacher and he was the one who also broke my heart along with our friendship which I thought was special and real.

“I got invited by Cameron. It really is good to see you again April” He tells me. Forcing a smile on my lips I step at the side to let him through the doors. He walked into the apartment and walked straight into the kitchen. Shutting the door behind me I lean back against it letting the coldness erupt onto my back but not caring to move or flinch away. Cameron is really going to get it from me today. He invites both my ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend to this dinner. I have no idea what has strained him to even do something like this.

“April where are you?!” I hear Cameron yell to me from the kitchen. Rolling my eyes at his idiotic behaviour I take steady steps and walk back into the kitchen to see Bryan and Caleb in deep conversation. Seriously, he remembers him? Bryan hated Caleb and from what I remember Caleb absolutely loathed Bryan. What is really going on? Someone is keeping something from me and I really want to know what the hell it is. The one person who I know is keeping everything from me is none other than the person I trust-Cameron. “Come on April, sit down” Cameron grabs hold of my arm and makes me sit down on my seat as my eyes are still on Bryan and Caleb as they laugh and still talk.

“So I’m guessing you remember Caleb then?” Cameron asked Bryan making the both of them stop talking so they could concentrate on Cameron speaking.

“Obviously, how can I not? I met Caleb at the reunion party as well” Bryan says.

“Yeah I mean Mr Benson…you were the best Literature and English teacher ever!” Caleb said. Looking at him with raised eyebrows he met my eyes and stopped laughing. That’s right Caleb you better stop laughing because every single word that is leaving your mouth seems to be filled with lies on top of more. Surprisingly, I don’t know why Bryan doesn’t remember hating Caleb himself, sure, Bryan never used to hate Caleb before but that’s not the point. “I’m sure April agrees with me as well” Caleb said gesturing towards me. Picking up the wine glass that was poured in for me I take a sip and force a fake smile on my face.

“Naturally” Bryan laughs at my response.

“Obviously April would think I’m the best English teacher in school because as she quoted she was one of my favourite students. Coming from her mouth” He said while giving me a wink. He winked at me-a friendly wink might I add. There’s no way at all that Bryan will be able to remember me I can just feel it. Maybe, maybe I should just give up on him…it will really be the right thing to do.

****************

“I think we should be going now Leo” I tell him as we all be sitting in Cameron’s living room. Cameron immediately noticed me say this and stood up from his seat.

“Come on April, don’t ruin the fun” He says with a sad face.

“I’m sorry Cameron but we’ve got work in the morning, there’s always a nest time” He frowns but nods his head agreeing with me. Me and Callum stand up first while Leo finishes of his drink.

“Anyway nice getting to know you a little better then Callum” Cameron says to Callum. Callum gives him a genuine smile.

“Likewise Cameron” He replies back to him.

“Ok then, let’s go. I’ll see you another time then dude” Leo goes up to Cameron as they do a man hug. Leo gives both Bryan and Caleb a hand shake as he already heads for the door. Callum does the same thing to all the guys and waits for me by the door.

“I guess I’ll see you then Cameron” He gives me a smile and gives me a short but sweet hug.

“Bye April and I’ll call you tomorrow” He adds in.

“Just make sure not to call on the office line because once I know it’s you I’ll block your number” I warn him. He puts his hands up in a defence mood and laughs.

“Bye my favourite student” I hear him say to me. Looking into his blue eyes I nod my head and was about to head out towards Leo and Callum when Caleb calls me.

“I’ll see you around then April”

“Likewise Caleb” Callum immediately takes my hands into his making me feel safer than I ever was for tonight.

“I promise I’ll explain everything to you Callum” I say as we walk out of Cameron’s apartment.

“And I’ll be listening”

I KNOW, I KNOW, IT'S SHORT!

THIS OVERALL CHAPTER WAS INTENDED TO BE SHORT AS I WANTED THE NEXT CHAPTER TO BE VERY LONG AND FOR THE FACT THAT I HAD A BIT OF A WRITER'S BLOCK FOR THIS CHAPTER AS WELL.

BUT ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT (EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SHORT)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CALEB COMING BACK SO SUDDENLY AND WHAT IS CAMERON KEEPING FROM APRIL THAT IS SO BIG?

LET ME KNOW IN YOUR COMMENTS!

P.S. PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK 'I'M ADMIRED BUT HE IS FEARED'. IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT. THE LINK TO THE STORY IS GOING TO BE IN THE COMMENT SECTION!

P.P.S. LIKE MY NEW FACEBOOK PAGE WHICH WILL GIVE SMALL SNEAK PEEKS FROM THIS BOOK AND THE REST OF MINE. PLUS IF YOU WANT TO ASK ANYTHING THEN YOU CAN ASK ME ON THAT PAGE. I WILL GIVE THE LINK TO THAT WHICH WILL ALSO BE GIVEN IN THE COMMENT SECTION.

THANK YOU! XOXO