19.

Three weeks later

Adonis

I was back in Philly at the gym hitting the speed bag with Rocky.

I then heard the door to the gym open as I looked to my side seeing Y/N in a flowy sundress

I then heard the door to the gym open as I looked to my side seeing Y/N in a flowy sundress. "Aight unc" I started  "Y/N walking in doesn't mean stop" Rocky said as Y/N walked over handing rocky a brown paper bag which most likely contained snacks. "Ain't that right Y/N?" He asked her as she giggled. "Keep going Donnie" she encouraged as I just looked between them two. "Oh so I don't get no food?" I questioned "No you ain't work hard enough" rocky simply said as Y/N snickered and I kept going. "Alright you can stop" Rocky said as I kept going anyway "nah" I said as he just stopped and looked over at me while I continued hitting the speed bag. He then grabbed it so I couldn't hit it anymore making us share a laugh.

I walked over to Y/N trying to hug her as she just placed her hand up stopping me from hugging her

I walked over to Y/N trying to hug her as she just placed her hand up stopping me from hugging her. "Don't be like that" I said still trying to hug her as she laughed. "No you all sweaty" she said pushing me away as I chuckled. "Dinner at your place Rocky?" Y/N asked. "Yeah, what we eating?" Rocky asked as I chuckled and Y/N shook her head smiling. "I know what I'm eating" I teased placing my hands on Y/N's lower back and sneaking a kiss on her cheek as I laughed. "Get your nephew" Y/N expressed to Rocky while laughing and leaning away from me. "Donnie go change so we can go" Rocky said to me as I chuckled going in the locker room freshening up and changing into a black Nike tech suit.

I walked out with my duffle bag in my hand as I went over to Y/N placing a kiss on her lips. "You ready?" She asked "yeah" I answered. "You two go out for dinner tonight I'm beat" Rocky said as we looked over at him. "You sure?" Y/N asked. "Yeah I'm fine" Rocky assured as Y/N's phone then started ringing. "Hold on let me go take this" she said pulling away from me as she placed the phone up to her ear and stepped outside. "You sure you good unc?" I asked as he placed his jacket on and nodded. "I'm good" he assured as we started walking towards the gym door. "You're really serious about Y/N" Rocky brought up. "Yeah I've never connected with a woman the way I've connected with her" I honestly said. "Well make sure you do everything in your power to keep her because that connection you find you don't find it in too many people" Rocky explained. "That's how I feel about Adrian even in death" he expressed. "So keep it" he assured while nodding his head as I smiled and nodded.

"Does Mary Anne know yet?" Rocky asked "I mean I told her about Y/N you know" I started off then looked over at Rocky as Rocky just shook his head. "but I've never told her we were together" I admitted as he continued shaking his head. "What?" I asked. "Donnie if you're serious tell her I ain't telling you to have them meet but let your mother know" Rocky explained. "I am serious, Y/N and I only been together for almost a month. I'm going to tell her" I assured. "Alright" Rocky said as we were about to walk out the door as he spoke up. "Don't slack in that area because someone else can scoop her up as well" he warned before walking out as I walked out behind him and locked up. Y/N took her phone from her ear as I walked up to her. "You all good?" He asked. "Yeah my sister just called me" she informed as I scrunched my brows some. "Your sister?" I questioned.

"Yeah its my older sister" she said as I squinted my eyes some. "it's a story" she said. "I got time" I said looking over at her. "She's my hood twin unfortunately " Y/N said as I laughed. "You're a hood twin?" I questioned. "Oh I forgot your a Cali baby" she teased. "I know what hood twins are" I simply mocked while squinting my eyes as she laughed. "How many months is she older than you?" I asked out of curiosity "six months" she started off  "I technically have 2 other older sisters besides her on my dads side but Jasmine is the only one who really talks to me so" she said with a shrug then looked over at me. "Damn so was he with your mother or like it was a one night stand thing?" I asked interested as she laughed some. "Yeah they were married and he wanted to have his cake and eat it too" she said. "He cheated for a very long time literally all My older sisters were all from the same mother and then he had me with my mother" she explained. "And they were married?!" I asked looking at her crazy.

"Yeah he really ain't shit" she admitted then laughed. "You laughing like this ain't some fucked up situation" I brought up. "I mean it is but you know there's nothing I can do about it." She said with a shrug as I just looked at her. "Why don't you and your two sisters talk?" He asked. "My dad tried the whole blended family thing after my parents got a divorce but it never worked they were always so mean to me. They would just pick at me, want to always fight me for whatever reason." She started off. " I got teased. Literally their Nick name for me was "darky"" she admitted as I scrunched my brows some and looked at her. "They're not dark skinned like you?" I questioned out of curiosity. "No they're all lighter skinned complexion, their mother is white creole and my father is straight black." She informed. "the only one who stood up for me and loved on me was jasmine" she added as I shook my head. "Where was your father and their mother?" I questioned. "The mother thought it was funny and my father just told me that I was a black woman that I was going to go through the bullying  and that I needed to be strong about it" she explained.

"Nah that ain't cool" I said shaking my head. "when I was in school I was always used to it by my sisters that it didn't phase me when other people would do it" she started off. "It's sad but it was like the norm. Like it is what it is" she said with a shrug. "But it shouldn't be "it is what it is". You are beautiful" I stressed. "I know Donnie" she said through a small laugh. "No why'd you let them do that?" I asked. "I was young, I wanted to see Jasmine and be with my big sister so I would suck it up and go" she said with a shrug. "Does your mother know?" I asked. "Yeah which resulted in me not seeing them often and a whole thing went down between my mother, Jasmines mother and my father" Y/N answered as I looked away from her continuing to walk.

I always knew I was pretty, It's just other people didn't see it and I have no control over that. I have control over how I view myself and that's it so" she expressed with a shrug. "You are fine as hell" I admitted as she started laughing. "Thank you Donnie" she thanked as I chuckled. "No but the reason why my sisters mother and my sisters don't like me stems from my mother and my fathers relationship vs their mother and my fathers relationship" she brought up. "It sounds like jealousy to me" I said as Y/N nodded. "My mother wasn't jasmines mothers idea of a black woman in her head. My mother is very educated, she's well mannered, speaks proper and made sure her family was taken care of. " Y/N started off "on top of that my mother was the one who my father was married too so that caused issues as well which leads to why my oldest sisters act the way they act towards me" she added.

"So they're side chick babies?" I asked bluntly as Y/N giggled "yeah" she's answered. "And she popped out babies thinking they were going to keep him there with her?" I questioned as Y/N just nodded. "I'd be pissed too my mother made that dumb ass decision not once but three times" I said as she started laughing. "The only one who had sense was your mother" I said as she agreed "my mother didn't know he had a side bitch til she started calling the house and once she found out she immediately left" Y/N informed as I chuckled.  "The only one with sense" I repeated as she giggled.

"You and your pops cool now?" I asked while looking over at her waiting for her to answer. "Yeah. his paranoid ass be sitting there trying to warn me about men like him" she said shaking her head as we shared a small laugh. "He wasn't shit but he always loved me I will say" she informed as I nodded. "He really wasn't shit D" she repeated looking over at me as we shared a laugh. I just placed my arm over her shoulders and kissed her head as we continued walking.