73.

Y/N

(A month Later)

I just landed back in LA from Houston to see my mother and I wasn't even going straight home, I was just going to go to Mary-Anne's for a bit. I knew once I went home Donnie was going to be there waiting, ready to argue. We still weren't talking to each other really and so to get from out of the apartment and from up under him I took a flight to see my mother and spent some time with her and jasmine. Donnie wasn't my only issue right now and I needed to not put all my focus on him especially when he right now doesn't give a fuck about me. I understood he was most likely depressed because of the fight and I get it but I'm tired of the lashing out, not talking to me and not worried about anybody but yourself I was tired of it so I left. Not only did I leave for the weekend but my single also dropped over the weekend and I knew he was going to be pissed seeing me so I unfortunately I had to prepare myself for when I got back home.

I stood at Mary-Anne's door step and rung the doorbell before she came and got the door. "Hey baby" she greeted as we shared a hug and I walked in. "You hungry?" She asked. "You know me and baby girl can always eat" I said rubbing my belly as she giggled closing the front door and locking it behind us. "How was the flight?" She questioned. "It was quick I slept the whole time" I informed. "I'm really glad you're getting some sleep" she admitted going into the kitchen as I seen she made some spaghetti. "Yeah I got sleep the whole time I was gone" I admitted. "That's good, what's going on with your mother?" Mary-Anne asked concerned. "I tried to convince her to move into hospice but she wants to stay home so I just hired her favorite nurse to look after her along with Jasmine and my mothers boyfriend" I explained. "They're saying a month" I informed as she came over to me and held my hand. "I'm sorry sweetie" she genuinely apologized as I smiled to not cry. "It's okay I'm just happy I got to see her and she got to see me because she didn't want my to see her in that state" I explained. "So I'm thankful for that" I assured taking a seat at her kitchen island.

I swung my legs back and forth as I waited for her to make me a plate. "Can I ask for your input on something?" I asked Mary-Anne. "Girl, You know you can" she said through a small laugh as I smiled. "Part of me feels bad for releasing "I Care" and I'm thinking maybe I should've never released it because of how D might feel about it " I honestly admitted. "Well" she started off turning to sit the plate in front of me. "I heard the song and it's beautiful, you didn't curse him out, you didn't drag him through the mud you just sung about how he made YOU feel and how he's BEEN making you feel" Mary-Anne explained. "He can't be upset with how he makes you feel and what it feels like from your perspective ESPECIALLY when you keep trying to get his attention about the issue." She added.

"I just feel bad" I admitted "for what?" She questioned. "You did all that you could do, he does what he does and he expects you to continue to be there for him?" She asked. "He's a grown man and he put himself in this position and he needs to be the one to get himself out of this position." She expressed. "You love him still but he has to do it for himself, you got other things to worry about" she assured me as I nodded. "He's about to start physical therapy" I informed. "Yeah and that'll give him time to clearly think I'm sure but you are not at fault for anything that's going on not how he's acting" Mary-Anne assured me. "You do whatever it is that you need to do to get his attention because talking clearly isn't cutting it" Mary-Anne said taking a seat next to me.

"But the song is beautiful, and your raw emotions. I like it don't let him make you feel as if you were wrong about releasing it that means he heard the message" she explained as we shared a smile. "And if you need a place to stay my home is always open, I have ten million in one rooms" she offered as I giggled making her smile. "I just might" I admitted as she smiled kissing my head and giving me hug. We then pulled away as I wiped my tears away. "Now what's going on with this performance next weekend what's the song selection?" She asked with a small smile. "Whew" I started off "you don't even want to know" I admitted. "Oh trust me, I have an idea" she assured before we shared a laugh.

"Ring the Alarm" I started off as she smirked "what?" I asked as she laughed "no, keep going" she encouraged. "Ring the alarm, don't hurt yourself and I care" I informed as she laughed. "I knew you were up to something, you wasn't quiet for no reason" she brought up as I giggled. "Those are the song selections for the tidal performance" I said as she nodded. "Well you got to make him listen some way or another" she said with a shrug before eating a fork full of her spaghetti.

___________

I drove back to the apartment listening to "Resentment" by Beyoncé and I'm sure when she came out with this she might have felt the same way I did but after a while shit gets old with these men and we get tired. I finally made it home and got out of the car with my suitcase going upstairs. I walked into the elevators reading 8:47 p.m. on my phone then sighed to myself. The doors opened as I walked to our apartment door and unlocked it. I walked in slowly seeing Donnie sitting on the couch.

"How was your trip?" He questioned. "It was fine" I simply answered. "Placing the Tupperware dish of spaghetti on the counter in the kitchen before taking my suitcase to the room. "Your flight landed at like three, you stopped by Mary-Anne's?" Donnie questioned. "Yeah. she made some spaghetti, so I'll heat you up some" I answered sitting my purse on the bed. "Going to Houston was one thing but the shit you pulled while out of town was another" Donnie started off. "Adonis what are you talking about?" I asked genuinely not in the mood to argue. "You only talking to me through text and that's even if you text back. And then you made sure to release your song when you wasn't here" he brought up as I walked out the room.

"You wanted me to talk to you, now I'm talking" he said following me. "I don't have shit to say" I simply said walking into the kitchen grabbing a plate about to place some spaghetti on it. "Oh so now you ain't got nothing to say?" He questioned. "No, you don't listen and you act like you don't want too be bothered so why even talk?" I asked. "Because If I ask you to leave me alone I want you to leave me the hell alone" he stressed as I looked at him crazy. "You be walking around here acting like you was in my corner and supporting, whole time you wasn't" he added as I just looked at him nodded. "You had a feeling the fight was going to go the way it did.. Duke told me you wanted him to pull me out of the fight if it went left" he added.

"You know what" I started off pushing the plate towards him as it fell off the island and broke into pieces on the floor. "Do shit by yourself" I started off walking away "I'm done" I said walking out of the kitchen. "Done with what?!" Donnie questioned following us as I ignored him before I exploded. I was trying so hard to do what the doctor said last month which was easing off the stress but this new month had problems as well. "Adonis, Im done with us and I'm done with you" I said walking towards the room as he followed. "The reason why you're in the position you're in is because of you and I refuse to let you make me feel and think it was because of me" I expressed looking at him before getting a suitcase.

"Baby girl I'm sorry" he started off trying to grab my hand but I snatched it away. "No" I simply said. "I am constantly in your corner with EVERYTHING. You never even considered how I might feel with this whole entire fight what COULD HAVE happened" I stressed. "You ignored me, Pushed me away, made me not even feel loved by you" I added as he just looked at me. "You know what" I said throwing my hands back. "I said what I said and I'm done D" I said taking off my ring. "Woah" he started off and scrunched his brows shaking his head.

"You ending the engagement?!" He questioned confused. "I'm ending ALL of this, I don't deserve any of the BULL SHIT that you have been putting me through these past months." I said. "So when shit gets tough with us you're just going to walk away?!" He questioned as I ignored him continuing to pack some clothes. "Where you going?" He asked. "I'm leaving" I simply answered. "Y/N where are you going to go?" Donnie asked trying to grab my hands as I shook my head. "Leave me alone, you didn't give a fuck before don't start giving a fuck now" I said taking my hands out of his. "Y/N WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO?!" He shouted. "JEREMIAH I SAID LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" I shouted back not realizing whose name slipped out of my mouth.

Donnie just took a step back and scrunched his brows. "What did you just say?" He questioned as I just looked at him. "Damn I'm THAT bad?" He questioned. "It was an accident" I simply said continuing to pack. "You ain't never slipped up and said that nigga name EVER" he brought up as I just ignored him continuing to pack my things. Donnie just stood there watching and waiting for me to respond but I continued packing. He just placed his hands in his pockets as I zipped up my suitcase. I grabbed my purse heading towards the door with my suitcase. "Y/N" I heard Donnie call out as I placed my hand on the doorknob. "Y/N" he called out again before I just walked out of the door.