74.

Adonis

I was walking back and forth in the living room trying to reach Y/N but it was going to voicemail. "Fuck" I said to myself she's been gone since last night. I dialed her number again before placing my phone back to my ear. Her calls now were going straight to voicemail. I sighed to myself hearing her voicemail waiting to leave a message. "Y/N I need you to let me know you're okay, let me know what's up baby girl" I started off sitting in the edge of my couch as I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Baby we need to work this out I don't want to-" I expressed until the voicemail timer then ended and hung up automatically. I let out an aggravated sigh then called Mary-Anne.

The phone rung about 3 times before she answered it. "Hello" she answered. "Hey ma" I started off in a slight panicky tone "Hey. You alright?" She questioned. "Yeah I'm fine" I assured. "How have you been feeling? How was the spaghetti I sent home with Y/N?" She then asked as I stood up from the couch. "It was good and I'm okay" I answered. "Ma have you seen or heard from Y/N?" I questioned. "No I haven't" she answered "but why don't YOU know where your fiancé is?" She asked as I just looked out the windows at the morning life of LA. "Y/N and I got into it last night and I just need to know where she's at, if she and the baby is safe-" I rambled on as my mother stopped me.

"She's safe Adonis" she said as I paused "wait" I started off as Mary-Anne spoke up again "Y/N is safe" she repeated. " you know where she's at?" I questioned. "Well she's at rehearsals" Mary-Anne informed as I just placed a straight face on my face. "Do you know where her rehearsals are at?" I questioned. "I can just meet her-". I started off as Mary-Anne immediately cut me off. "Adonis give the girl some space" Mary-Anne said. "Ma I don't know where she is, she's not answering, I've been leaving messages for her and she's carrying my child" I stressed. "A child you have no idea what's going on with" Mary-Anne said as I sighed to myself. "Ma I just need to know where she's at so she can come back" I honestly said.
"Give her some space Adonis" Mary-Anne suggested as I sighed.

"Can I come over and talk to you?" I asked. "Yes you can" she answered. "Okay I'm coming now" I assured as we said our goodbyes and hung up. I made my way to Mary-Anne's house as my phone started ringing and I quickly grabbed my phone only to see Duke calling me. I placed the phone back down letting the call end and continued my way to my mothers house. After about fifteen minutes I pulled up into the drive way of Mary-Anne's house. I grabbed my phone from off the passengers side seat and clicked on Y/N's contact before calling her cell. I placed my phone to my ear as it went straight to voicemail.

I took my phone from my ear, ended the call then threw it frivolously into the passengers seat next to me. I placed my forehead on the steering wheel trying to collect my thoughts before I went into my mothers house. I knew how Mary-Anne operated and she was going to read me. ESPECIALLY when it came to Y/N. Mary-Anne goes hard for the people she loves and Y/N was definitely one of them.

I got out of the car and walked up to the door ringing the doorbell. The door soon opened "hey mama" I said as she let me come in and I placed a kiss on her cheek. "Hi baby" she said with a warm smile closing the door behind us. "Did you eat?" She questioned. "No but it smells like you cooking up in here" I brought up as she giggled. "I knew you didn't eat" she simply said as I chuckled following her into the kitchen. "How you know I didn't eat?" I questioned. "Because Y/N's not home" she teased as I just looked at her. "Ma really?" I asked as she laughed. "I'm just teasing" she said as I just shook my head and sat at the island. "I'm almost finished making breakfast." She assured me.

"How you been mama?" I questioned as she side eyed me before going towards the pan placing slices of bacon into it. "I'm fine Adonis" she started off "how was your first couple of days in physical therapy?" She asked. "It's straight they're working with me to get me back where I need to be at." I answered. "Don't push yourself past your limit you know how you can get" she reminded as I nodded. "I'm fine" I assured. "I'm sure you're not over here to talk about your therapy sessions" she said hinting at changing the subject of the conversation.

"I've been calling Y/N since last night and I haven't heard anything from her" I admitted. "And why is that Adonis?" Mary-Anne questioned. "It was a whole thing last night and um" I started off then shook my head "she ended the engagement" I informed. "Hmph" Mary-Anne hummed some. "What does that mean?" I asked. "Well what did you do?" She questioned. "Why does it have to be me?!" I questioned confused. "Adonis you haven't been to not one appointment with your fiancé for your baby" she started off "did you really just ask me that?" She questioned. "Ma I was training and it slipped my mind" I brought up. "And she didn't even remind me about the last one" I added. "You let the baby's appointments slip your mind along with her birthday due to this fight." Mary-Anne brought up shaking her head. "Adonis I've never raised you to be irresponsible and inconsiderate like that" she started off as I spoke up.

"Ma I know that" I stressed "so what's going on?" She asked as I just went quiet and looked away from her. "Me and Y/N haven't been on the same page since I told her I was taking this fight" I started off "she's always been in my corner until this fight came about and all I wanted was for her to be there for me, that's it" I expressed. "Can I ask you a question?" Mary-Anne asked. "Yeah" I answered watching her take the cooked bacon out of the pan. "Did you ever consult with her with the decision of you taking that fight?" She asked. "No" I answered. "Alright then" Mary-Anne said "but I shouldn't have too" I stressed. "As your fiancé and the mother of your child, you should have" Mary-Anne corrected as I just looked at her.

"As her fiancé you should've said something because that move  to fight in that fight could've been something that changed your life, her life and that baby's life as well. And YOU of all people should know that" Mary-Anne explained. "Yeah and as my fiancé even if that was my decision she should've been behind my back one hundred percent" I expressed as she immediately stopped what she was doing. "Y/N wasn't behind your back?" She asked looking back at me. "No all we did was argue" I answered as Mary-Anne placed her hand on her hip and laughed. "She didn't have your back?" She questioned once again.

"So her being at your fight wasn't in your corner?" Mary-Anne  questioned. "Even AFTER you was placing her and the baby on the back burner because of this fight? Acting as if you didn't have time or wanted to deal with her because you were preparing for this fight" She asked. "Or what about when you ended up in the hospital because of this fight. Who was taking care of you? Cooking, getting your medications because it sure as hell wasn't any of your fans, the press that was covering the fight, Hell all the women who desires to be with you. I didn't see anybody else" she started off. "After the fight finished I remember after a couple of days they were onto the next hot topic meanwhile you was laid up and  Y/N was making sure you were taken care of" Mary-Anne explained as I just looked at her and looked away.

Mary-Anne was right but I didn't think this was a reason for Y/N to call off the engagement and end things with me

Y/N to call off the engagement and end things with me.
"Yeah but ma, I just feel like this isn't something we can't work past. She ended the WHOLE relationship off of this and then she goes and makes a song about it" I expressed. "Adonis go and REALLY listen to that song" Mary-Anne instructed me. "You can't tell someone what you feel like they can work out when they've had enough" Mary-Anne said. "So what now?" I asked. "Worry about yourself that's what you've been doing" She simply said with a shrug continuing to cook as I looked away from her.