82.

A week later

Adonis

I pulled up to my mother's house then got out of the car walking inside. Usually she'd cook something anytime she called me or Y/N over but I didn't smell anything. "Where she at?" I thought to myself. "Aye ma!" I said walking in and closing the door behind myself. I looked up the stairs before taking off my jacket and calling her once again. "Ma!" I called out getting my jacket fully off and placing it on the edge of the railing on the stairs. I then heard a sound from the office and turned in that direction going towards it. "Aye ma" I said walking into the office to see Rocky sitting there on the couch.
I instantly stopped in my tracks as he stood up from the couch.

"How you doing kid?" He asked as I just stared at him "what are you doing here?" I questioned. "I hope you don't mind" he started off "your mom asked me to come out because she's worried about you" he explained as there was a slight pause. "I am too" he admitted. "I'm good" I simply said. "You ain't even have to come all this way" I added continuing to look at him. "By train" Rocky said. "Three days, it's gives you time to think" he started off as I walked over to the hard wooded desk that sat in the office. "It was like looking at a post card watching everything whip past outside of the window. "It's quite an experience" he expressed as I looked him up and down before leaning against the desk. "I mean if you say so" I simply answered. "Yeah it's nice" he admitted as I looked the other way.

"This is wonderful" Rocky said referring to the trophy case as I took a breath and let it out to myself sort of irritated. "I have all of this out here" he said referring to the trophy's in the trophy case. "You can have this too you know?" He questioned as I looked across the room at the awards. "Yeah, I don't know about all of that" I simply said. "I mean, not just the shiny stuff but the better stuff" Rocky assured me. "Have a better life" Rocky started off walking towards me slowly. "Be a better man" he added as I just looked at him.

"You know, I was thinking about what you said. About "what smart decisions have I made lately?"" he brought up. "I couldn't think of many" he admitted as I just continued to look and listen to him. "I wasn't even there when my son's, son. My grandson was born" he honestly put out there. "I don't know, it's just pathetic" he expressed. "Why won't you just call him?" I suggested. "It ain't that easy, you know" Rocky said.

"Listen" Rocky started off "I don't want you making the same mistakes I made, you know what I mean?" He asked as I just got up from the desk and walked over to the trophy case, looking over all the trophy's my father accumulated since he started fighting. "Sometimes you got to ask yourself, "what's the valuable stuff?" Just like I asked you before, "what were you really fighting for?"" Rocky asked. "I-I was afraid" I started off. "Of this" I said referring to the case of my father's trophy's.
"Expectations, being a champ, being a man" I listed. "I was afraid I couldn't do what he couldn't" finally admitted out loud. "It's weird. I used to feel like he was apart of me. Now I can't hear him that thing that tells me to get in the ring" I brought up. "Move my feet, keep my hands up, hit anything that gets in my way" I explained. "I can't hear it anymore" I simply said as there was a slight silence. "I don't even know how I lost" I spoke up.

 "I don't even know how I lost" I spoke up