32.

Adonis

"You look pretty baby" Y/N's mother said as I stood there watching her hug Y/N and kiss her cheek. "Thank you momma" Y/N thanked making me smile. "Y/N then stepped back. "This is Adonis" she started off "my boyfriend" Y/N introduced as her mother smiled between Y/N and I. "It's nice to finally meet you" I admitted holding my hand out as she shook it. "Likewise." she said as I smiled. "You can call me
Y/M/N" she assured as I nodded. Y/M/N then looked over at Y/N "so this is why you've been MIA?" He mother questioned. "Ma stop no I have not" Y/N said through a small laugh closing the door behind her mother.

"Oooo it smells good" her mother expressed "yeah we were in here throwing down" I said as Y/M/N smiled at me. "Don't listen to him momma" Y/N said playfully rolling her eyes. "I helped" I said looking over at Y/N. "Peel the potatoes that's it" she said as her mother chuckled. "Don't be ungrateful. That was one less thing you had to do." He mother said as I just smiled at Y/N and Y/N shook her head looking over at her mother. "How was your flight?" I asked. "That layover in Orlando was unnecessary" her mother expressed as I got out three plates of us along with some silverware. I'm not gonna lie I was ready to eat.

"Feed your man please?" Her mother said through a laugh.
Y/N just snatched the plate from me as I smiled. "I guess" Y/N said "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Don't forget" her mother reminded her as Y/N just nodded. "Yeah, yeah" Y/N said nonchalantly making my plate. "Thank you. She's been very mean to me all day" I joked as her mother let out a small laugh. "I believe it" her mother said as Y/N shook her head. "Why you listening to Donnie?" Y/N asked her mother as I chuckled. She then handed me the plate "thank you" I thanked as she made her mothers plate and then her own.

I grabbed a bottle of wine and poured some wine in our glasses before we all took a seat at the table. "Y/M say grace" her mother started off as Y/N just looked at her mother. "Ma really?" She asked. "Say it" Y/M/N instructed as Y/N begun saying grace as i held my head down with my eyes closed. Y/N finally said "Amen" as we all repeated it as well and I looked down at my plate damn there excited.

" you going into the music business you're going to need God more than ever now" Y/M/N said to Y/N as Y/N started to eat her food as I did the same

" you going into the music business you're going to need God more than ever now" Y/M/N said to Y/N as Y/N started to eat her food as I did the same. I tasted the macaroni and cheese as my eyes rolled back. Next I tasted the yams as I just placed my head down. This shit was too good. I then tasted the collard greens. "Oh my God" I said to myself as Y/N looked over at me confused mid conversation. "You alright?" She asked as I nodded. "Yeah I'm good" I assured nodding my head. "It's out good?" Her mother asked in a small laugh. "Yeah. It's really good" I admitted.   "So are you two serious or is this for the moment type of relationship?" Her mother asked as Y/N just placed her fork down drinking some of her wine.

"It's serious" I assured as Y/N spoke up "if it wasn't, you wouldn't be here meeting him" Y/N simply said cut throat placing a forkful of collard greens into her mouth. "Damn" I said making her mother laugh. "I mean I've heard about your ex but never seen him" her mother brought up. "He wasn't worthy" Y/N simply answered making her momma laugh as I just chuckled and shook my head. "Adonis you're a good guy just treat her with respect and we ain't got no problems" her momma assured. "Yes ma'am she ain't hitting me with no bat" I said as Y/N just snickered in the midst of drinking her wine. "What?" Her mother asked looking between us as Y/N and I just looked at each other and laughed.

"You threatening to hit him with a bat?" Her mother questioned her. "Why?! He's too sweet for that Y/N" her mother asked. "No she hit her ex with the bat though" I informed as Y/N just looked at me and her mothers mouth fell. "Y/N" her mother called out. "Ma'am?" Y/N answered looking over at her mother. "You what?" Her mother questioned. "Adonis you talk too much" Y/N said. "My bad" I apologized. "Did you hurt him?" Her mother asked. "He's alive" Y/N simply answered as I placed my fist upon my lips to refrain myself from laughing. "You didn't get arrested?" Her mother asked concerned. "Ma" Y/N started off as I chuckled to myself biting into my pork chop. "I wouldn't be here if I did" Y/N said with a cheesy smile. "Don't get whooped up in front of your little boyfriend" her mother threatened as they shared a laugh

"So Adonis what do you do?" Her mother questioned as I looked between Y/N and her mother. "I wanted to ask I didn't want to just assume you know and make you uncomfortable" her mother explained as I smiled. "Thank you I appreciate that but I'm a fighter" I answered. "Apollo Creeds son" Y/M/N said nodding with a small smile. "Alright now Mrs. Creed" Y/M/N said with a smirk while looking over at Y/N. "Mama no" Y/N said embarrassed placing her hand over her face. "I'm sorry Donnie" Y/N apologized as I chuckled. "It's all good we actually talked about that" I started off as Y/M/N interrupted me. "Really?" She asked with a big smile sitting up in her seat even more attentive. Y/N just looked over at me confused.

"Yeah she's not Mrs. Creed now because we're just you know" I said looking over at Y/N with a smile. "Boyfriend and Girlfriend" assured nodding her head. "But eventually yeah" i said looking back over at Y/M/N. "So grandchildren too?!"
Y/M/N asked excitedly as I was about to answer but Y/N spoke up. "No-No. we are just BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND right now. Babies will come WAY later" Y/N reassured once again. "I have work to do and so does he" Y/N said in a small laugh beginning to drink her wine. "Just as long as we're on board" Y/M/N said motioning her hand eye to eye with her and mines.

"You want dessert?" Y/N asked looking between my mother and I. "You made dessert too?" I asked "yeah" Y/N answered getting up from the table about to collect all of our plates. "Nah I got it" I expressed getting up and taking the finished plates instead following Y/N to the kitchen. "I thought you were the only thing for dessert" I said in Y/N's ear behind her as she just smiled and pushed me away with her butt going into the fridge.
I just chuckled placing the dishes in the sink running hot water on them to rinse them off. Y/N placed a circular pan on the island talking the top off of it revealing a cherry cheesecake pie. "Damn girl" I said as she giggled getting some plates. "It's my grandmothers recipe" she informed cutting three slices for us all.

She handed me a plate as I went out and sat the plate down in front of Y/M/N along with a fork before she thanked me. I then came back and got my plate and fork as Y/N followed me back out to the table. We sat down and started eating. "Mmm" I hummed as Y/N just smiled over at me and shook her head. "You so extra" She said through a small laugh. "Cook more often for that man" her mother said as I chuckled. "Ma, Donnie isn't even supposed to be eating this anyway" Y/N brought up. "Yet you was talking about getting your cardio in" I brought up as she just looked over at me "shut up" she mouthed to me as I chuckled continuing to eat. "You two are a mess" Y/M/N said through a giggle. I just smiled as Y/N playfully rolled her eyes continuing to eat her cherry cheesecake pie.

"Whew I'm stuffed" Y/M/N started off as literally she took just a bite of the cherry cheesecake on her plate. I should probably get going" Y/M/N said as Y/N and I looked at her confused. "Ma. Wait. You just got here" Y/N said stopping her as Y/M/N chuckled. "Girl I'll see you tomorrow" Y/M/N assured. "I am stuffed and sleepy" she added. "Okay" Y/N said before her and I got up walking Y/M/N towards the door. "It was nice meeting you Adonis" Y/M/N expressed as I smiled and she brought me in for a hug. "It was nice meeting you too". I honestly admitted hugging her back. "If I find out you not treating her right imma be at your front door" Her mother warned as I placed my hands back. "I don't want no smoke mama" I said as we shared a small laugh. Y/N and Y/M/N then shared a hug as I smiled watching her then walk out the door. "You want me to walk you to the car it's dark?" I asked. "No baby I got it" Y/M/N assured with a faint smile before walking out of the apartment.

Y/N just watched her go down the stairs until she couldn't see her anymore then closed the door. Y/N and I immediately went to the window watching her mother get into the car and drive off safely. "D she barely even touched her food" Y/N brought up. "Maybe she wasn't feeling it" I playfully suggested as Y/N just looked at me "I'm being serious Adonis" she stressed then looked back out of the window. "She's probably just tired from the flight. Don't stress out" I assured wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her head. "She's fine" I reassured her rubbing her back.

"You got dishes" Y/N said pulling away from me quickly. "Wait what?" I questioned as she walked into the kitchen "CHOP, CHOP" Y/N shouted. "I'm supposed to be getting something sweet and now you got me doing dishes" I shot back. "Boy once I put this thang on you, You done for the rest of the night." She said causing me to chuckle. "Nah when I put this thang down YOU done for the rest of the night" I corrected as she giggled.