81.

Y/N

I was at the repast in the kitchen talking to my grandmother as I was getting a water bottle. "Grandma why you ain't say nothing to them, you stay on their necks what happened?" I questioned referring to earlier at the service today with Elena, Tiffany and Chantelle. "The lord would've striked me down with what I was going to say in the lords house" she joked but I knew it wasn't really a joke. I laughed some drinking my water as she just smiled at me. "How are you baby?" She asked. "I'm good" I lied. "You know I know when you're off, I seen your performance" she reminded as I just looked down placing my cap back on my water bottle.

"I found out mommy past literally right before I got on stage and through social media" I started off "and it's other things but I'll be fine" I assured as I seen Adonis walk into the kitchen around people who were making their plates and having conversations. "Go upstairs and talk to him" my grandmother encouraged. "Who? Adonis?" I questioned. "You still on first name basis with him" she brought up while shaking her head. "We're not together so" I said with a small shrug. "How you two were throughout the funeral and at the cemetery I couldn't tell" my grandmother said as I just looked away from her over at Adonis getting something to drink. "I'm looking for an apartment when I get back to LA." I informed my grandmother. "I love him but I don't know" I said with a small shrug.

"What I want to know is how do you give Jeremiah so many chances but the man you were engaged too and got your emotions out of whack due to my great grand baby, he makes one mistake and you're ready to go?" She questioned. "Because I don't want to go back to what I had in the past with Jeremiah" I expressed. "Cheating, physical, mental and verbal abuse is one thing baby and he hasn't did any of that but your ex did" she started off. "A lot of relationships fail because of the lack of communication and that's what's going on with you two" she assured me. "I talk and I'm done talking, He needs to realize I can go else where" I simply said. "Yeah but so can he. You both need to be humble about this and open up that's the issue" she explained as I just looked away from her and sighed to myself. "Have you even told him without screaming and explained to him what he is doing wrong and what makes you feel bad or did you just shut down?" She asked. "Yes" I agreed. "Did you tell him we need to talk and sat down and talked?" My grandmother then asked as I any quiet. "Mm mmhm" she hummed with a small smirk. "Talk to that boy" she said walking off.

I was going to talk to Adonis in my own timing right now I just wanted my space. I looked over at Adonis to see him walk out of the kitchen with a drink in each hand. I then walked out of the kitchen and went upstairs to my mother's bedroom. I opened the door and just expected her to be in here but she wasn't. Her bed was fully made up as I closed the door behind me I walked over to the side of the bed, and took a seat. I sat there and just looked around her room feeling a couple of tears fall from my eyes. I was kind of upset with her because I could've helped had she just told me.

There was a knock on the bedroom door as I quickly wiped my tears away. "Come in" I said kicking my heels off continuing to sit on the bed. The door opened as I seen Adonis walk in and close the door behind him. "Hey" he said walking over to me. "Hey" I responded as he took a seat next to me. "You alright?" He asked as I just looked straight ahead then looked at my hands. "I Just don't understand why she didn't say anything to me" I started off "I could've helped her" I stressed. "The treatments were doing more harm than good, you know how cancer is" Adonis reminded as I sighed to myself. "She didn't even get to see the baby" I added as tears started to fall from my eyes and I looked down at my lap.

Adonis just grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers. "I know" I heard him agree as I sniffled. "I don't even know what to say baby girl, I know you're tired of hearing, "I'm sorry for your lost"" Adonis admitted as I agreed. "I Am" I honestly said as there was a pause for a moment. "When are you leaving?" I questioned. "My flight is tomorrow morning" he informed as I nodded. I then looked from our hands over at him as he looked over at me. "Thank you for coming and being here with me, with everything going on between us" I thanked. "Don't thank me Y/N" he started off "that's someone you loved and care about, you know I'm going to be here" he assured as I wiped my tears away with my free hand.

"I just want to fucking scream" I admitted shaking my head.
"You need to be taking it easy for this baby" he reminded. "I know" I agreed. "Then do that" he said as I just looked away from him. There was another pause as I felt him rub his thumb over my hand while holding it. "I miss you and I miss you back at home" Adonis admitted. "Yeah but I think for right now D, we need to be friends and co parent" I expressed. It did hurt to only be friends with Adonis because I love him more than a friend but with how my feelings I wanted space before it could get worse. I was scared it would get worse to where I would lose him forever and I didn't want that. 

"Now you know I can't just be your friend" Adonis said looking over at me. "Why not? We were friends before" I pointed out. "Y/N I'm not joking around" he said in all seriousness. "D what you want me to do?" I questioned. "Work it out and talk about what we have going on" Adonis expressed. "You went from being my fiancé to us just being friends, and you staying somewhere else I know you don't want that" he said as I looked away from him. "Do we have to talk right now?" I questioned. "No you just said your goodbyes to your mother I'm not doing that" Adonis assured. "But we need to talk, I got a lot to get off of my chest and to tell you" he explained as I nodded.

"Okay" I agreed. "I'll let you know when I have the time" I assured him. "When you got the time?" He questioned "yeah I got to work and be in the studio" I informed . "You don't have to push me away because you're scared Y/N" Adonis said as I looked at him crazy. "Adonis I'm not pushing you away because I'm scared" I corrected. "You did this when we first were talking" he started off. "You were thinking about staying with your ex because you were scared" he brought up as I sighed to myself. "It's like anything that is not your norm you pull away because you're scared." Adonis said. "We were engaged, building something together and this is what ended it all?" Adonis questioned.

"I'm not saying I'm right in what happened but baby girl you're running from me, you're putting up this guard all over again" he expressed as I just turned my head in the opposite direction from him. There was then a faint knock on the door. "Yeah" I answered as I then seen Jasmine peek in. "Oh, my bad" Jasmine started off. "Jas, what's wrong?" I asked. "I was just trying to see if you were okay but you two are talking" she explained. "Yeah I'll be out in a minute" I assured her as she closed the door back and I looked over at Adonis. "We'll talk, I just want some space D, you got to respect that" I expressed as he just looked at me. "You know I can't give you space" he started off " because if I give it to you that's you pulling away. Y/N I know you" he stressed as I just took my hand out of his. "Adonis" I started off before rolling my eyes. As I rolled my eyes he grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers as we just looked at each other.

"I'm not letting you go" he assured me. "Adonis you can't force me to be with you" I said. "I can't but I'm not letting you go we came too far" Adonis said as I just looked at him. "I need to go eat so" I started off then got up as he continued to hold my hand. I turned my head to look back at him still sitting on the bed. "I love you" Adonis expressed. "I love you too" I honestly said before pulling my hand away.