42.

Y/N

I was out in New York at a meeting with the label, my manager Sarah and my agent. Due to my performances at both the BET awards and the VMA's the Internet was acknowledging my wins along with both performances and wanted more from me. Which resulted in the AMA's wanting me to perform. But this performance I couldn't do something out of my catalog they wanted me to do a tribute for the late Whitney Houston based off of the videos of me back at the Roc nation brunch earlier this year. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to touch the tribute only because I felt as if I wasn't there to do that as of yet. I feel like I should be in the game longer. The roc nation brunch was one thing but being on the stage where the world can view me doing a tribute to someone who meant everything to everyone, I was scared.

"What if I decline this performance?" I asked as everyone just looked at me as if I had four heads. "Why would you decline this, this is literally a great way to show your versatility" my manager said as I just sat there. "Not only that but you doing the damn thing right now and all it's going to do is prepare for the next single" she added. "What's up? What you thinking about?" Jay questioned. "I just feel like I'm not big enough to do a tribute to a great like that" I admitted. "You did it at the brunch and everyone loved it" Sarah said as I just sighed to myself. "This is the world now" I spoke up. "Y/N you can't put yourself in a box" jay started off as I looked over at him. "I wouldn't have them put you up there if I knew you couldn't do it" he assured me. "That box you always talking about not wanting people to put you in, you're placing yourself in that" he explained as I sighed to myself some and nodded.

"Okay" I agreed. "What does everyone have in mind?" I asked looking around at the table at my team. "Remember her iconic melody AMA's performance?" My lead creative director that worked on the ring the alarm performance with me questioned. "Yeah that was one of her best performances" I honestly admitted. "Well we want to do something like that with you" he admitted as my mouth dropped some. "Lord" I started off as they laughed. "But unlike her you're doing two songs because time is limited due to other performers" he added. "So basically being up there for eight minutes?" I asked. "Yeah" he agreed. "Yeah but will people even stay to watch especially if there's other well known artists performing as well?" I questioned. "You're opening up the awards show so don't give it too much thought" my manager Sarah assured me.
I took a breath "let's do this then, we got two months to prepare" i said before Jay left out to go handle other things and my team stayed in the conference room continuing to talk about what this AMA's performance was going to consist of.

Around four a chauffeur took me back home to Philly as I was in the car I was talking to Cassidy. "They want me to do a Whitney Houston tribute for the American Music Awards" I informed Cassidy. "Omg that's about to be fire" she expressed. "We gotta go out and celebrate this weekend" she added as I faintly smiled. "Yeah" I agreed but deep down I was nervous over the years people have messed up tributes there's only a handful of people who actually do good and I wanted mines to be beyond good. She was a beautiful woman with a unique voice and If I was going to do this I wanted to do this right. I NEED my team to be on point with this.

"Do you have any ideas of what song you want to do?" Cassidy questioned. "They want to do something like Whitney Houston's melody of songs she did for the AMA's when we were younger" I explained. "Oh shit" Cassidy said as I laughed some. "Yeah but only Two songs not three" I informed. "What songs you thinking?" She questioned. "I have nothing is already a go" I assured "not sure about the second song just yet" I admitted. "Sing "All the men that I need"" Cassidy started off "the people at the roc nations brunch loved it" she assured me. "We'll see right now I just need to wrap my head around me actually doing this performance." I admitted. "You be acting like you don't got it and when you hit the stage you leave a mark every time" Cassidy started off. "But I'll call you back Travis and I are about to go see a movie" she informed as I smiled. "Okay" I agreed. "But we're linking up to do something this weekend I was thinking a paint and sip?" She asked making me smile. "Yes!" I agreed hearing her laugh. "Aight I'll text you" she assured me. "Okay be safe" I responded. "You too and love you" she admitted. "Love you too" I honestly said before we hung up. I just sighed to myself and laid my head back enjoying my ride all the way back to Philly.

After almost a two hour ride I pulled up on the street in front of the Apartment building Donnie and I live in. I thanked my chauffeur and grabbed my purse getting out of the car walking into the building. I went into the elevator the pressed the button going to the floor where floor home sweet home was on.
Once I made it to the floor the doors opened up and I pulled my keys out of my purse making my way to the apartment door. I placed the key I got he door and unlocked it walking in to hear Donnie on the phone. "Okay Mary-Anne" he said through a laugh as I closed the door and locked it behind me.

He then made his way to see who was at the door then immediately smiled at me with his phone to his ear.

"Hey baby" he greeted as I smiled and we shared a kiss

"Hey baby" he greeted as I smiled and we shared a kiss. "Y/N's home so I'll call you tomorrow" he assured Mary-Anne on the other line. "Tell her I said Hi Adonis" I heard her over the phone as Donnie looked at me and I laughed. "Hi Mary Anne" I  loudly said as Donnie pushed me away making me laugh. "Every time you find out Y/N is in the midst, it's now all about Y/N" Donnie said into the phone as I giggled. "Quit being a hater" I said patting his butt as I walked into the kitchen placing my purse on the island.

Donnie continued his conversation soon ending the call as I washed my hands and went over to the fridge pulling out some left overs from last night. "How was your day?" I asked Donnie as I felt him wrap his arms around me and kiss my neck. "it was straight, how was your meeting?" He asked. "It was fine until they told me they wanted me to do a Whitney Houston tribute" I admitted. He just looked at the side of my face "what you mean? you've did it before" he brought up as I fully turned around to look at him. "Yeah but this isn't the same" I started off "the world has to see this and it has to be perfect because it's a tribute to Whitney" I expressed. "Babe you got it period." He started off "it's just you getting in the way of yourself at this point." He simply said. "You did it before and they loved it" he added. "And you can do it again" Donnie assured me.

"You better stop thinking you average because I ain't with no average woman" he expressed as I laughed making him smile. "I know I'm just scared" I admitted. "I know but you got it" he assured kissing my head and wrapping his arms around my body. "They're giving you the platform to show the world why you're the next big thing now show them why the fuck you are that" Donnie explained as I smiled. 

"I'm going to be honest with you though" donnie started off as I just looked at him. " I don't want left overs" he admitted as i laughed. "Me neither" I admitted as he chuckled. "What you want?" He asked looking down at me. "You" I playfully answered. "Oh you want me?" He asked teasingly with a sly smirk as I giggled. "And you're going to be dessert?" He questioned as I giggled. "You promise?" He asked as I laughed. "Boy do you want Chinese?" I questioned. "Yeah" he agreed "alright then" I said pulling away from him and getting my phone from off the counter as he smacked my butt.

I just smiled and found the Chinese restaurant number that Donnie and liked, calling them.