Prologue/Chapter One

Prologue:

Katniss and Peeta Mellark are currently living a rough life, but in all reality, it's not all that bad and it will get better eventually. It always does. In this story, Katniss learns that marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be and love can overcome it all, as long as they have each other. She learns to help Peeta in ways she didn't know she could and even helps herself. Follow the story and see how they figure out the beginning of their 'forever and always ' and how the Mellark's pick up a few other 'Missing Pieces' along  the way.

Katniss POV-

I lay hunched over in the grass, staring up into the sky.

I've been here at least an hour, cycling through and crying for each and every person to cry for and I still don't feel any better.

Peeta's still hurt and he will be for a while and I'm out here feeling sorry for myself.

Being selfish as usual.

The clouds come and bring rain.

It soaks my t-shirt and soon, I'm chilled to the bone.

The sun went away when I came out and all that's left to show for the day is the faint light behind the clouds.

But it is not warm.

It's gloomy.

Then, it begins to thunder and lightning and hail.

Suddenly, I hear the back door sling open and Peeta is standing there, worried.

"Katniss! Get your ass inside! Are you crazy?" He yells at me.

I pull my head up out of the saturated, flattened grass and give him a look, partly because it's muggy and the lightening hurts my eyes.

The hail isn't helping anything the chill, even though it's small.

"Come on! You're going to get struck by lightening and it's hailing! Hurry up." He says but I don't move.

He shakes his head at me, rolling his eyes before he runs out the back.

Immediately getting soaked by the large water droplets, "Come on!" Peeta says but I refuse to move, even though he's pulling on my arm.

I look up at him, his eyes still sad but worried and frustrated too.

"Why do you even care?" I mutter, yanking my arm out of his grip.

He looks at me like I've gone insane.

I glare at him.

The hail stops but the rain still falls steadily and the sound of thunder booms our ears.

He holds my gaze, then plops down next to me in the soaked grass.

Maybe he has gone insane too?

"I care about you because you are my wife."

I scoff, "Doesn't matter." I say, crossing my arms.

"Yeah it does." Peeta says pretty loudly, the rain is making it hard to hear.

"Just because we are married doesn't mean anything, Peeta." I say, sounding absolutely crazy and I know I've lost some piece of my mind because I am not even making sense.

It's like I have no control, the words I speak.

I'm furious and I shouldn't be.

"Yeah, it does." Peeta repeats.

"Why?"

He sighs, then stifles a fake laugh, "You don't get it, do you?" He yells over the thunder.