Chapter One-Hundred

Katniss POV- (About 8am)

"Mrs. Mellark, your baby is hungry and very upset." A nurse wakes me, tapping my shoulder.

I jolt awake and look around sleepily and see Peeta in the corner of the dim room, bouncing and shushing a baby.

I'm so confused when I wake up but then I realize I had Willow at 4:50 this morning.

"Sir, she's awake." The nurse tells Peeta pointing to me and she leaves the room, shutting the big wooden door behind her, the lock clicks.

He looks over at me and smiles a little helplessly, walking over immediately.

Peeta hands me our red faced, screaming newborn. She hasn't eaten since about 5 this morning so no wonder she's so upset.

I lift my shirt up and reveal what she's wanting and she immediately latches on, thankfully.

"Sorry, how long was she crying?" I ask him quietly.

"About thirty minutes or so." He informs me.

"You should've woken me sooner."

"You were sleeping too good. You had a really long night."

I frown, "Peeta, it's okay. You should've just woken me up." I tell him, slightly annoyed he didn't do it sooner.

I would rather my sleep be interrupted for a little while than to have my baby crying because she's hungry. But I know Peeta is still set on what I need and not what Willow needs for a minute.

"Sorry." He says with a shrug, like I am mad at him for it.

I'm irritated but not mad.

"It's okay." I tell him.

He leans forward and pecks my lips.

"The nurses had to wake me up. I was dead asleep too. I heard her but I thought it was a dream." He says embarrassedly.

I laugh, "Maybe they'll kick us out and we can go home sooner."

"Not for 24 hours so I guess not until tomorrow morning."

I groan, "I'm just ready to take her home already and be out of here."

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"Like I just gave birth to an 8 pound baby." I shrug.

Peeta chuckles, "Hm, that's strange. I wonder why?"

I smile and stare down at her, "You're such a chunky little baby." I tell her, even though she's quite small and skinny but her cheeks are chunky.

Peeta smiles and I lean down, pressing a kiss to her little forehead.

"This is all like a dream. When I woke up earlier, I was so confused but so happy." Peeta tells me.

"Me too. It took a second for me to register that you were holding our baby."

"The lactation lady came by but you were sleeping so she was going to visit a few other people before she came back here."

I nod my head.

"Did you tell anyone about her?" I ask him, knowing that he probably did.

"Everyone went home at midnight when they realized they weren't going to get to see her and they all texted this morning."

"Did you tell them anything?" I ask.

"No, I wanted to wait until you wanted to. I told them she was born but I didn't send pictures or any information."