Chapter Thirty-Six

Katniss POV- (That weekend)

"I'll be 6 months pretty soon, Peeta."

He smiles, "I know, your belly is growing too."

I give him a look but he just laughs at me.

"You can actually tell there's a belly there. Before, you always looked like you never ate." Peeta teases me.

I scowl at him.

"I'm kidding but you can tell there's a baby there now." He says, putting his hand on my belly, making her kick at him.

He smiles when she does this and lean a down, kissing my lips.

"You're getting more and more beautiful too."

I smile, "Thank you." I say.

"I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving already." He says.

"What? Another month until then?"

"About."

I nod.

"Do you want to invite Bristol for Thanksgiving?" Peeta asks.

"I don't know, if she wants." I say.

"Okay, why don't you ask her soon?"

I nod my head and grab an apple off of the counter and start eating it.

I pause a minute.

"We need to start moving stuff out of all of the upstairs rooms except ours." I say frozen.

"Okay..." Peeta says confused.

"I want to move your art studio into the guest room and then guest room into Prim's old room. I want Willow's room across from ours." I tell him.

"Okay." Peeta says in a stand still.

"I want all of her things in the garage or in the storage building." I tell him.

I've had a few weeks to think about it and I would rather do this all now rather than later when Willow is old enough to ask questions.

He nods, "Do you want me to see if Marvel or Cato could come help? Maybe Gale would be willing to help too? I don't want you to get upset about anything."

I shrug, "Please?"

I don't feel like crying today, it's going to be hard enough for Peeta.

Just being near her door scares him and it does me too.

"Yeah, I'll go call them. If you want, you can see if Bristol wants to go somewhere to get you out of the house. We can get everything moved around while you're gone." Peeta says.

I nod, "Okay, thank you." I say, standing up off the bar stool.

"Please, don't throw anything out." I say before I exit the room.

"I won't, I promise." Peeta assures me.

I sigh and go to the living room and call Bristol to see what she is up to today.

(On the phone with Bristol)

"Hey, Kat!" She says happily.

"Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

I sigh, "Fine."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I wanted to see if you wanted to go do stuff with me today or if I could come over? Peeta and some of the guys will be doing stuff here and I don't want to be here when they do."

"Uh, sure. Come on over, hun." Bristol says.

I sigh, "Okay, I'll be over in like 15 minutes."

"Sounds perfect." Bristol says.

I hang up and walk back into the kitchen to find Peeta just hanging up the phone.

"Hey, I'm going to hang out with Bristol." I say to him.

"Okay, Cato is coming over to help. Marvel is out of town and Gale is at work." Peeta says.

I nod my head.

"We will take care of it all. Don't you worry." Peeta says, placing his hand on my shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze.

I take a deep breath, "I know."

"I love you." Peeta says.

"I love you too." I say, allowing myself to smile at him.

He kneels down and kisses my belly.

"I love you, Willow."

My heart warms.

"I love you too, Daddy." I say in a high pitched 'baby' voice and Peeta chuckles and shakes his head at me.

He stands back up right and embraces me.

"You go have some fun with the girls and I will call you when we're done." Peeta tells me.

"Okay." I mumble.

"You go now. I'll see you later, okay?"

I nod, "Bye, Peeta." I say walking out the front door.

"Bye, Katniss." Peeta says loud enough for me to hear him and I go.