Chapter Fifty

Katniss POV- (A week later)

"Three more months, Willow." I say to her.

I am now 6 months pregnant with Peeta's baby and he's not even here.

It's as if everything we planned is going to shambles and it keeps getting worse.

Peeta's grandparents came the last weekend and I totally forgot about them coming so I would say it was a pretty awkward dinner that I took them out to.

I wasn't going to cook for them.

For one, I wasn't prepared and another thing, I can't cook and they drove two hours here for a dinner and to see Peeta but didn't get to see him.

They were pretty disappointed with him leaving like he did, especially his grandma but she is delighted to know about Willow, that she's a girl and her name.

I'm pretty disappointed with him too though, actually, I'm furious.

He hasn't called once and didn't even come this weekend.

He hasn't even made an attempt to get in contact with me or check on me.

I've been lost without him and it's been the hardest week of my life, I'll say.

It's been harder than our first fight and when we broke up and than our last one too.

At least when Peeta's family died, he was there, even if he wasn't.

I've dragged myself out of bed everyday and into it every night.

My constant nightmares have come back worse and now there's not a soul to help me and I'm not sure if there will be one after this week.

I swear, if he doesn't come back after this week, I know that probably means he won't come back at all if he doesn't come back after the second week.

I guess one good thing that's happened since he left is Finnick and Annie got back last weekend.

I didn't tell them anything that happened, just that Peeta was working out of town for a while.

Finnick is suspicious though.

I've stayed with Bristol a few times and watched Carter at work when I had to.

It's been so lonely.

It's the first time since I found out I was pregnant that I've felt lonely.

I can talk to her all I want but she only responds in kicks and jabs and it's not as satisfying as before.

"I'm sorry about all this, baby girl." I say guiltily, rubbing my belly.

She moves a little.

"I don't know what has gotten into him lately. He's not exactly the same as he use to be. Maybe we will both get lucky and he will come back soon." I say softly, feeling tears stream down my cheeks.

She kicks a little and I press my hand to them, just like Peeta would do and she kicks it back.

"This entire time, I thought that he was suppose to be my 'missing piece' and maybe he was for a little while. Maybe I just needed him long enough to get you." I tell her, even though she doesn't understand one thing I'm saying.

I go to work and see that Annie is here visiting her mother in law.

"Hey, Kat." She says as I walk in.

I smile falsely and walk back to my desk.

"How are you?"

I sigh and sit down, "Okay."