Chapter Sixty-One

MKatniss POV- (The next morning, Sunday)

"Peeta, are you awake?" I ask him softly, looking up at him, his heavy breaths creating a fog.

I sigh, guessing he's not.

I get up and go to the bathroom, feeling the urge to pee so bad since I haven't been off that couch since 8 o'clock last night and it seems to be about 9am.

I go to the restroom and see that the power is still out so I sneak over to the couch again, leaning down to grab my phone off the floor where I threw it last night and I pick it up.

"Oh, hey. Is the power still out?" Peeta asks, sitting up. His hair messy from sleep and his eyes sleepy too.

I turn and look at him, "Yeah, I just checked and it is."

He sighs, "I bet the foods no good now."

"I bet it is fine. It's like 40 degrees in here, Peeta."

Peeta shrugs and stands up.

"Well, it's cold enough to see our breaths." He sighs.

"Maybe we should call the company then?" I ask him.

"We paid all our bills. Maybe try calling Finnick and Annie since they live in this area?"

I nod, "It's nine. Do you think they're up?"

"Should be." He says.

I sigh, "Damn, my fingers are numb." I say.

Peeta walks closer to me, "Is Willow okay?"

I grab his cold hands and put them on my belly, letting him feel her movements.

She's the reason I woke up.

"I seriously doubt she's cold in there." I tease him.

He laughs a little, "If it's just us without power, I don't know what is happening."

I groan and dial Annie.

(On the phone with Annie)

"Hey, Kat."

"Annie, is your power out?"

She sighs, "Gosh, yes. It's been out since like noon when the storm hit."

I give a sigh of relief and nod my head to Peeta.

"Do you think anyone has called the company?"

"Finnick did but they said they couldn't get out and fix it until the snow stopped."

I groan, "Seriously? And it's all frozen so it's making it worse." I complain, rolling my eyes.

"Are you and Peeta okay?"

"Yeah, you guys?"

"We are okay, it's just kind of cold." Annie says.

I laugh, "No joke. I think it's like 40 degrees in here."

"Is your stove electric or gas?"

"Gas." I say.

"Go boil some water or something. It help get moisture into the air and maybe a little heat too." Annie says.

I sigh, "Peeta, go boil a few pots of water." I command.

"That's a good idea. I didn't even think of that." He says and disappears into the kitchen.

"Ugh, I just really wish they'd get someone to fix it." I sigh, putting on a new jacket and wrapping a blanket around myself.

"Me too."