Chapter Eighty-Seven

Katniss POV-

"I'm going to be honest, you're so tiny that you could probably have her any day now. She seems to be dropping, you're tummy looks lower. Have you had more of an increase in the back pains or swollen feet? Any bursts of energy?"

I look at Peeta and he laughs at me, "Actually, she was begging me to let her completely 100% deep clean the house the other day but I refused to let her." He chuckles.

Dr. Coles laughs, nodding her head, "You're trying to nest then?"

I laugh, "What?"

"You know you're baby is coming soon when you get a sudden burst of energy that you haven't had during the rest of your pregnancy. No offense, but I've noticed you have a waddle when you walk and you look like you're beginning to drop."

"Which means?..." Peeta asks.

"The baby is getting into the birthing position, which means her head is nearing in between her pelvic bones." Dr. Coles tells him.

He makes a face.

"Plus, if you've been having more aches, then I would say you're officially out of preterm labor and near regular labor. The only things that is  really stopping you from having her is your water to break. Everything else is in motion. Minor contractions could start taking place soon but don't be worried until they're more frequent and painful."

"So, does she still need to take it easy?" Peeta asks.

"Well, we still want a full term labor if possible, so yes. You're about a week away from full term, but you're so tiny and she is actually a pretty good sized baby so that there will not be any problems during labor I am going to say if you don't have her by the 8th or February, then I will go ahead and induce you." She tells me.

"So... In other words I'm still on bed rest?" I ask with a shrug.

She chuckles, "Well, kind of. I will allow you to clean little if you please but nothing too major, leave that to the daddy to be." She winks at Peeta and he smiles a little.

"Okay." I say, squeezing Peeta's hand tight.

"If you want to Peeta, go ahead and let her have a little but more freedom but don't overdo it. You may go out in public again if you wish just walk at your own pace and just enjoy the next few weeks together. Just be cautious and try to stay as relaxed as you can. I will see you guys next Monday unless we have a baby before then. Call my home phone if it happens anytime after hours or if you have any questions or you're not sure if you're in labor or not, let me know." Dr. Coles says.

We ask a few more questions and she gives us a bit more instruction, we pay and go.

When we get into the car, he looks at me, "So, I'm thinking our theory was pretty correct." Peeta chuckles.

"What? That I conceived a few weeks ahead of what she guessed?"

He laughs, "Being that she's already five pounds, I would say so."

I smile, "I can't believe she's already that big. I mean she's gradually stopped moving so much too, so I guess Bristol was right about her running out of room." I laugh.

He smiles widely and we go home.

"Are you going to let me clean?"

"Maybe a little, just minor things though." Peeta tells me.

I laugh, "Cool."

"Unless you don't want to anymore, it needs to be done either way." Peeta laughs.