Chapter Twenty

Katniss POV- (Thirty minutes later)

"Peeta, do you still want me to call?" I ask from upstairs.

I hear him trample up the stairs and into our bedroom, "You really think it's nothing?"

I shake my head, "I really don't think it is anything. I could call Bristol and see what she thinks..."

"You'd have to tell her then."

I sigh, "Okay, then it's that or call the doctor."

"Call the doctor, please." Peeta urges.

I can see how more protective he's gotten this last week.

"Okay, will you bring me the phone?"

He nods and takes his cellphone out of his pants pocket, "Here." He says, handing it to me and laying down on the bed next to me.

I dial the number and turn it on speaker phone.

(On the phone with the obstetrician)

"District 12's OBGYN office." The same old receptionist answers.

"Hi, this is Katniss Mellark and I had a quick question for Dr. Coles."

"She is with another patient but I probably could answer the question. What is it, dear?"

"Well, I am not really sure what it is but is it normal for the baby to just all of a sudden start moving? Like I haven't really felt anything that I know of like movement but this morning, I woke up and the baby was kicking like crazy and has been for a bit."

"That's pretty normal. You are 18 weeks? Or 17?"

"Eighteen weeks today, actually."

"Okay, great. I am sure it's perfectly normal but if you want, I can give Dr. Coles a message to call you back."

"Um, okay. Thank you."

"No problem. Don't worry, it's different with everyone. I'll have her call as soon as possible."

"Okay. Thank you." I say and we hang up.

As soon as I hang up Peeta turns to me, "Katniss?" He asks, looking for what I think about it.

"It's fine, Peeta. I promise you, if something was wrong, I would know." I tell him truthfully.

But there always fear in the back of my mind no matter how confident I am in anything.

"Okay, just take it easy until the doctor calls back. I don't want you up, you could get dizzy again and fall."

"I won't but I want you up here with me." I say.

"Alright, I'll stay here." He says, laying back down.

"Just don't worry. We are fine." I say, putting his hand on my belly again, where the baby seems to have stopped rapidly moving about my insides.

He sighs, "I'm sorry. I just don't want anything to happen to either of you."

"Nothing is gonna happen." I tell him.

"The baby is obviously alive and active, which is good. I am sure it's moved while I was sleeping or busy and didn't really notice it so don't worry. Maybe it wanted me to wake up." I say, hoping bringing a little humor into this would help.

He smiles, "You're probably right."

"I know I am." I tease him.

He turns on his side, "I love you."