Chapter Sixty-Two

Katniss POV- (The following morning, 5am)

"Katniss, I think your call finally worked. Look." Peeta says, shaking me awake.

I open my heavy eyes and see our Christmas tree, bright and shining in the dark.

"Good." I say tiredly, realizing just now how hot and sweaty we both are.

"If you don't mind, will you get off of me so that we can strip out of these jackets? I'm burning up." Peeta asks.

I chuckle and nod my head, getting up off of him. I stand up in front of the fireplace where a fires just warm coals now and unzip my jacket, revealing my sweaty long-sleeved shirt and sweats. I strip down from them, leaving me just in my bra and underwear. Peeta stands up and does the same.

It feels so nice not having that sweaty, heavy gear on, especially since I've been getting so hot at night since I've been pregnant, well, until the power outage.

"Shall we go back to bed?" He asks, stretching out.

"Yeah, wake me up again at 8 so I can see about work." I say as we sneak up the stairs and into our bedroom bow.

I lay back down next to him and he covers us up again. It's the perfect balance and it feels a lot nicer to have electricity again.

"I love you." Peeta says, softly wrapping his arms around my pregnant belly again.

"You just love me because I griped the phone company out." I smile to myself.

He lets out a little laugh, "No, it's because I just really love you."

I laugh, "Well, it's a good thing that I just really love you too."

He gives me a reassuring squeeze and with that we fall asleep.

Peeta POV- (8:30am)

"Katniss, come on." I try again.

I've been trying about thirty minutes but she just groans at me.

"If you hand me your phone, I'll call for you." I say, not knowing what else to try.

"Get it yourself. It's on the nightstand." She mumbles.

I laugh as I grab it and unlock it, I dial Mrs. Odair's phone number.

(On the phone with Mrs. Odair)

"Hey, Kat." She pipes.

"Actually, it's Peeta." I say.

"Oh. Hi, sweetie. What's up?" Finnick's mom asks.

"I was just calling to see if you thought Katniss would be able to make it to work, were you able?" I ask.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I wasn't able to make it and I live a few blocks away, don't worry about it. She needs to stay inside in this weather. Annie said your power has been out too?"

"Yeah, it actually came back on sometime last night." I inform her.

"Oh, good. Ours did too. I was hoping you guys were okay."

"We are fine. It was just a little chilly." I laugh, but saying it was 'chilly' was an understatement.

"The low was -30 with windchill." She informs me.

"Goodness."

"How are things between you guys? I know it was rough for Katniss after you left."

I sigh, I remember how she witnessed our fight before I left.

"Uh, it's good again. I shouldn't have left." I say truthfully, still feeling guilty.

"I know how much you love each other but sometimes, you got to leave to realize how much you need to stay. Does that make any sense?" She asks.