Chapter Twenty-Four

Katniss POV- (First Wednesday in October)

"Peeta, Bristol is going to be in Twelve in like 30 minutes!" I call from upstairs.

A few seconds later, he comes upstairs.

"Okay." He says, laying down next to me on the bed.

I smile as he leans over and kisses my forehead, "I love you, cranky butt." He says.

"I love you too." I laugh.

I am so glad we are okay again.

"I'm sorry that I've been so gripey lately." I apologize guiltily.

There's been times I'll just start crying for no reason, that explains a lot of my breakdowns after Peeta's family died.

The day I cried in the rain.

"You're perfectly fine. I'm a big boy, I can handle it." He says.

I laugh a little bit.

"My two favorite girls in the whole world." Peeta says, leaning down and kissing my belly.

I feel her move at his touch and voice.

I've noticed if Peeta is around, she's moving like 10-20 times or more in just a few minutes and when he's not, she only moves occasionally.

"And you're our favorite boy in the whole world." I say, kissing his lips, my heart fluttering.

"We better get ready to go over."

I nod and sit up and he does too.

"When we get over there I don't want you helping. Please, just stay sitting or something. I want you to hold Carter." Peeta says.

I scoff, "I'm not high risk. Why can't I help?"

"I don't want you to get high risk or hurt yourself."

"Peeta, I am not going to hurt myself."

Ever since he found out I was pregnant and we warmed up a bit, he's done everything for me.

Everything.

I mean, I thought he did most everything before but I was wrong.

If I sneeze, he's asking if I am okay or if I yawn he wants me to lay down or if I drop something, he's right there to pick it up.

Just because I am pregnant, it does not mean I'm disabled.

"It's for your health and the baby's." Peeta says, getting off our bed.

I sigh, he is right.

That promise we've never broken so we don't need to start now, especially when I'm responsible for two people's health.

About twenty minutes later, we head over to the apartments and Bristol is waiting outside in her car.

"Do you want to tell her now or later?"

"Later. It's not that noticeable is it?"

"Maybe she will think you had a good meal before we left." He teases me.

I snort, "I would prefer to tell her with the announcement."

Peeta smiles, "Okay, her's is right here." He says, taking Bristol's envelope from a stack that we are needing to mail out.

He sticks the card in his back pocket as we get out of the car.

I hope she doesn't notice when she sees me.