Chapter Eighty-Eight

Katniss POV-

He nods his head, "How about we get out of here and go upstairs?"

I nod my head, "That sounds like a good idea. I'm sorry that I ruined our fun."

"You didn't ruin anything. Let's go talk and then we can move forward." Peeta tells me.

Peeta gets up and wraps a towel around his waist.

Then, he gently helps me up from the bathtub and wraps a towel around my body from behind. He clips my wet hair back and kisses my cheek.

We go upstairs and get dressed, crawling in bed together.

Peeta holds me close.

"I know we don't regret Willow but I'm sorry you got pregnant before you were ready." Peeta says.

"I was ready. I am ready, it's just I knew that no matter how ready I ever felt about it, that when it came down to the actual labor and raising, I would feel this way again. I would be afraid of letting her down." I tell him, hoping he understands.

He sighs, "You know Katniss, if I would've thought you'd be a bad mother then why would I have wanted kids so badly? Yeah, I've always wanted kids but I felt like every time I saw you with Prim or Carter or Finn or even that little girl at the park, my need grew greater. I literally ached for you to become the mother of my children because if you loved other people's kids so much, I couldn't imagine how much you'd love our own." Peeta tells me passionately.

I hug him, "That's the exact reason I caved. You're so good with Carter and Finn and kids just seem to gravitate towards you. I knew that you were meant to become a father one day very soon. I'm just glad we don't have to wait much longer. I know how much you've wanted this for us."

"Thank you for facing your fears for me." He whispers back.

"It's not Willow I'm afraid of. Sure, I'm terrified about giving birth but it's after that I'm afraid of. What if I'm not a good mother? I have every intention of being the best mother but how will I know?"

"I'll let you know every step of the way."

"Are you excited to finally have your wishes come true?" I ask him curiously, already knowing the answer.

"I haven't been this happy since our wedding day where my biggest dream cabs true. We are going to be parents, Katniss. This is a happy that I haven't felt in a very long time, if ever." Peeta tells me.

"I love hearing that."

"What about you?" He asks me.

I nod, "I'm extremely happy."

"I'm glad. That's all I ever wanted." Peeta says.

I press a kiss to his bare chest, "I'm just glad that my Peeta is back."

His arms wrap tighter around me, enclosing me in his sweet warmth.

"I missed him a lot." I add in.

"Well, I wouldn't be here if you two wouldn't have helped me get my head on straight again." He says proudly.

But the reason that he's so happy and back to normal again is because of Willow.

He says I've helped but the only thing I've done is carry Willow the last 8 months but I don't say anything because I don't want to argue.

"It's just because we love you." I tell him.