Chapter Eighty-Five

Katniss POV- (New Years Eve)

"Katniss, people are coming at eight. You need to get up. It's seven-fifteen." Peeta comes into our bedroom, flipping the bright light on.

It's been dark outside for at least two hours so I took a nap about then, to prep for tonight.

I stand up, "I need to go shower real quick. Will you bring me some towels in a few minutes?" I ask him.

He smiles, "Yeah, just hurry up." He tells me helping me up. He pecks my lips and I waddle the few feet into the bathroom. I undress and examine my body, just as I do every time I shower.

I look and see more stretch marks forming.

I sigh and hop into the shower.

"Willow, you're killing me, kid." I feel like crying.

Yes, I'm pregnant but I've never had many body issues and for me to have stretch marks and a huge stomach upsets me no matter how much I love what's coming from it all. My boobs even have stretch marks too, it's horrible and they got bigger and just keep getting bigger I think.

But something I need to remember is that Peeta still looks at me naked (when I let him) and still thinks I'm beautiful, so that has to say something about him or us.

I just can't wait to be somewhat smaller again and to be able to hold her in my arms.

I long for that day, maybe even more than I longed our wedding. I think that's because I knew we would get married eventually, the kid thing-I wasn't sure of. Well, I was sure of it but I was not sure when.

I hop out of the shower and wait on Peeta. He still hasn't brought me any towels. I start putting some lotion on my itchy belly and squeezing the excess water out of my hair and that's when I feel warmth being wrapped around me.

Peeta presses a kiss to my neck and my entire being feels even warmer.

"I got it from the dryer for you." He says softly, helping me wrap it closer around my body. I smile like an idiot, "Hurry up, brat."

And he leaves.

My wide smile dies into a soft, grin as I quickly dry off and get dressed, making small talk with Willow.

"You know you have the best Daddy in the whole world, don't you?" I tell her.

She fumbles a bit, I see her tiny feet hitting my skin. I press my hand to them and she kicks continuously. I can't help but giggle when she does it.

For someone who's not even born yet, she has so much personality and I love it. I am already so in love with her I can't stand it.

It's literally like I told Finnick, months before we knew or I wanted to even try for a baby, that I am afraid of falling in love all over again. I mean it's like I'm falling love with Peeta again, in some weird, amazing way-with a piece of me in there. It's something only I can give him and same for me. I just have completely and utterly fell in love with her already.

I'm scared to death too.

It was extremely scary to get close to Peeta and I fell and fell fast and hard, same with Willow.

I wasn't lying when I said I was scared though. Everything I told Finnick was 100% true.

"I love you, baby girl. You better stay put tonight. I won't do much but please don't just decide to come yet, okay? Daddy and I don't need that tonight." I tell her.

I could see that happening.

I go back into labor tonight, while the town is drunk and busier than ever, when the hospital is probably packed anyways. It'd be our luck but I'm not planning on doing anything but sitting down anyways.